Scotland Centre Backs

5 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:

Souttar and Halkett have been far from impressive recently notwithstanding the circumstantial difficulty in adapting to a system which leaves them exposed from time to time. 

Watched them twice recently, Halkett is fairly pish and Souttar not back to his best yet and struggling.  Gallacher or  more likely Hanley next to McKenna looking most solid just now.

Watched them twice recently, Halkett is fairly pish and Souttar not back to his best yet and struggling.  Gallacher or  more likely Hanley next to McKenna looking most solid just now.
Hanley and McKenna sounds decent - both imposing and playing regularly at decent/good levels.

Only problem with them is they've never played together. Bit of a risk for these games. But us it any riskier than any of our other options. Dunno.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Hanley and McKenna sounds decent - both imposing and playing regularly at decent/good levels.

Only problem with them is they've never played together. Bit of a risk for these games. But us it any riskier than any of our other options. Dunno.

I think the Israel game would be enough preparation, we should beat them without too much difficulty so it would be a good chance for them to have a run before the final.  They are clearly the best two we have.

52 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Both have the turning circle of an oil tanker but at least McKenna can pass a football.    Hanley was a lost boy when he last played for Scotland and I've seen no evidence he's improved.   

I would note 1- he isn't a boy anymore, 2- you probably haven't seen him in three years, so aren't in a great position to comment.  He's obviously better than any of the other options available so it's a no-brainer.

1 minute ago, Grahame said:

I watched him play for Norwich earlier in the season where he was as chronic as ever.    

Sure. You presume your judgement is of any worth. 

plays at the highest level of any Scottish CB alive right now, and captains his club.  So I think we can safely dismiss your comments.

On 29/01/2020 at 15:04, Neilly said:

David Bates will be playing for a Ayr type mob inside three years. An absolute kert hoarse.

Ironically one of our poorest CB's in recent seasons was the much touted McKenna...............

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I really wish people would stop saying this. We haven't beaten anyone without too much difficulty outside of San Marino in years and we squeezed past Israel previously.

Nah we cruised past them at home they're shite.  At Hampden we could put out four teams that would beat them.  

David Bates will be playing for a Dunfermline or Ayr type mob inside three years. An absolute kert hoarse.

Yeah, I know we’ve had our flirtation with the Seaside Leagues recently, but lets not lump us together with the likes of Ayr eh? Raith Rovers a much more appropriate shout.

If Charlie Mulgrew is fit he will quite rightly be in the squad.
I had a look to see where he was and it seems he recently made an appearance for Blackburn's U-23s following a two-month injury. In all honesty, I thought he was in the process of getting phased out after the Russia game.