Scotland Centre Backs

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

I see Bates is fit now but can’t even get into Sheffield Wednesday’s squad when they rest a load of players for the FA cup. Not looking good for him chances there. Probably better for him to move elsewhere.

He's been fit since the start of November and has been nowhere near their first team, just as he wasn't before he got injured.

Edited by craigkillie

Guest DAVIDB69
It's not a matter of opinions or standards. He played a first team game.

Playing a first team game for a championship side qualifies you as a Scotland contender. That is frightening how low standards are .

I'm amazed that Hamburg haven't cut short his loan. He played often for them last year in their promotion push and it faltered when he came out the team. Sheffield Wednesday are completely wasting this season for him. I can't imagine he's learning much.

Apparently, according to 'Sheffield Wednesday News' he scored a double yesterday for their u23 team in a 3-2 loss. 

On 19/10/2019 at 18:06, Scumjob said:

How's Kerr been going this season with Saints struggling?

Poorly. He was handed the captaincy and had an inexperienced defender beside him, and he was absolutely woeful. Admitted himself the pressure of being the main player in there was affecting him and causing mistakes.

Sincehe returned to playing in a more experienced, vocal, backline, he started to look good again, but is still being caught on the ball a lot. 

We played a 3 yesterday with him on the right of it, and he had his best game in a long time, as he was able to bring the ball out from the back.

Hes a fair distance behind McKenna if we're only looking at this season, and I'm not even sure McKenna is even that good.

9 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Good performance from Halkett today, wouldn’t be adverse to him getting called up. Lindsay for all he’s been slagged in here, playing in a cracking 2-0 win for an improving stoke side. Again I wouldn’t write him off

Halkett has been rotten all season, how many times have you watched Hearts? Liam Lindsay playing in a single clean sheet for Stoke is good enough for a call up is it?

Do people get bored given the amount of time between games?

Edited by Marshmallo

9 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Halkett has been rotten all season, how many times have you watched Hearts? Liam Lindsay playing in a single clean sheet for Stoke is good enough for a call up is it?

Do people get bored given the amount of time between games?

Halkett has been rotten all seasons but surely Lindsay is worth at least looking at given the dearth of quality. When you consider the other players we are considering it isn't ridiculous to suggest