Scotland Centre Backs

On 24/04/2022 at 15:45, craigkillie said:

The move really hasn't worked out for him, a bit like when he went to Celtic. Think he is probably one of these players that is better suited to smaller clubs.

because he's shit?

Haven't heard a lot on here recently about Scott McKenna, but he is doing very well at Forest.

Helped keep a clean sheet against a quality Fulham attack tonight including Mitrovic who is really a Premier League striker.

Forest might well be in the Premier League themselves next season and he has played just about every game..

Do we think McKenna might be in the reckoning for a start this summer.

Scott McKenna with the cigar out against Fulham by all accounts. Mitrovic just can’t do it against Scottish centre backs.

Forest still with an outside chance of automatic promotion but they’ll be favourites for the playoffs if not. Would be good to see him test himself in the top division.

9 hours ago, ham1sh68 said:

Haven't heard a lot on here recently about Scott McKenna, but he is doing very well at Forest.

Helped keep a clean sheet against a quality Fulham attack tonight including Mitrovic who is really a Premier League striker.

Forest might well be in the Premier League themselves next season and he has played just about every game..

Yes, at LCB. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a Hanley-esque revival in a few years too. 

12 hours ago, ham1sh68 said:

Scott McKenna has been doing well for Nottingham Forest since he joined them and not just since they started to climb the league under Steve Cooper. That's why he is called into every squad. The injury to Kieran Tierney and the number of games in a short space of time during the Summer give him a better chance than he normally has of starting a game for Scotland.

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I reckon he's in pole position to start at LCB for Ukraine if Tierney doesn't make it. Clarke definitely likes him.

Agree with all that. It's just as I said - as good as McKenna is/is becoming, he isn't and never will be as good as Tierney.

19 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Agree with all that. It's just as I said - as good as McKenna is/is becoming, he isn't and never will be as good as Tierney.

8 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
18 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I don’t think anyone is saying he is.

I'm not saying anyone is saying he is.

As good as McKenna is, he will never be as good as Pele either. I don't think anyone is saying that he will be and I am not saying that either. 

• 3 weeks later...

Jack Hendry came on after 27 minutes and scored as Club Brugge came from behind to beat Royal Antwerp 3 - 1 and win the Belgian Pro League.

Club Brugge manager Alfred Schreuder will take over from Erik Ten Haag at Ajax which means Jack Hendry will have his third manager in less than a year and a chance to re-establish himself in the starting XI for next season.

Also, noticed Ryan Porteous played as the Left sided centre-back for Hibs yesterday - he might be worth considering as backup for Kieran Tierney in the future should he perform consistently well there.

Edited by 2426255