Scotland Centre Backs

Not that BBC ratings mean much, but Hendry has 8.47 on there - MotM by a distance. Looks like Bruges are going to secure a draw as well.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58577370

IMO he's always had the talent, but his decision making was far too gung ho for a few years, and it usually cost his side goals. This wrecked his confidence and he only now seems to have it back.

Just now, Gordopolis said:

Not that BBC ratings mean much, but Hendry has 8.47 on there - MotM by a distance. Looks like Bruges are going to secure a draw as well.

IMO he's always had the talent, but his decision making was far too gung ho for a few years, and it usually cost his side goals. This wrecked his confidence and he only now seems to have it back.

Hopefully Messi and Mbappe can find their way out his pocket now.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Means absolutely nothing - I gave him a 10 at the start of the game. 😁 He had a good chance to win the game. I do wonder if the BBC reporter Alex Bysouth even watched that game as he said "Scotland defender Jack Hendry putting in a particularly impressive performance" without any further details - maybe he watching the Man City or Liverpool game and just went off the BBC ratings. Turns out Jack Hendry was good and pretty solid, but it was some of the Brugge attacking players really stood out.

Edited by 2426255

Fair play to Jack Hendry.  He's really come along as a footballer in the last couple of years.  He took plenty of slagging off (myself included) but his performance tonight was fantastic.  He's come a long way since his Celtic days where his decision making and positioning was quite poor. 

On 13/09/2021 at 10:59, The Moonster said:

Anyone know how Stuart Findlay is doing over in the USA? Always thought he had potential to be an international player but I've not seen him play in about 3 years. 

On 13/09/2021 at 11:44, craigkillie said:

He hasn't really broken into the team yet, just the odd appearance here and there.

Is he earning a fortune over there?

Hibs seem determined to get a Hanlon replacement in the next 12 months, and he seems a really, really, obvious signing for Jack McInnes to make.

I was only watching the Goals Show so it was hard to tell but was he in a back four? He seemed to be allowed to rush out incredibly high which is surprising if it was a four.

It also looked like he was a proper leader in there, constantly instructing his teammates, especially the midfielders.

49 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I was only watching the Goals Show so it was hard to tell but was he in a back four? He seemed to be allowed to rush out incredibly high which is surprising if it was a four.

It also looked like he was a proper leader in there, constantly instructing his teammates, especially the midfielders.

Yes, he has played in back four in both games he has played for Bruges.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

On the Goals Show it was hard to tell if he was playing at all, unless you recognised him. Never got a mention disappointingly 

What a tremendous story for Jack Hendry. He is still struggling to shake of some of his critics from the past but make no mistake he was brilliant in a brilliant team performance last night. Club Brugge are way ahead of anything we have here in Scotland they are a proper team. It was satisfying to watch a Scotland centre half take charge of a back line pushed up to almost the half way line rather than one camped inside their own box. Brugge took it to PSG last night, pressed them high up the park, Hendry even almost scored the winner as well! Really good game to watch and fantastic night for the Scotsmen in the Champions League

• 2 weeks later...