Scotland Centre Backs

It is mad to me that the captain of a top half EPL team is eligible for us and he's not good enough for the trainspotters on here who would rather debate the merits of Jack Hendry or Andy Considine [emoji23]
Tbf I can't be bothered reading this thread back but I'm sure Cooper was spoken about a lot when he wasn't in the squads, but when he did start getting games then folk just wanted a new thing to get excited about.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

It is mad to me that the captain of a top half EPL team is eligible for us and he's not good enough for the trainspotters on here who would rather debate the merits of Jack Hendry or Andy Considine 😂

Its mad to me that you think we only need one centre back.

Why can't you just come on and say that you watched cooper and he was playing well? Why do you have to insult others constantly?

5 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

It is mad to me that the captain of a top half EPL team is eligible for us and he's not good enough for the trainspotters on here who would rather debate the merits of Jack Hendry or Andy Considine 😂

Cooper is clearly ahead of Considine in any pecking order but It's a good sign that a EPL regular isn't an automatic starter.   I've no doubts if Copper's distribution with his right foot was better he'd be playing in the role currently occupied by Scott McTominay.   He'll find it hard to get a start ahead of Gallagher (CCB) or Tierney (LCB). But Cooper is a nap in the squad as cover for the centre and left centre back positions.    

I quite like bringing in Jack Hendry as cover to the RCB role provided he's rediscovered his form.   He's showed up well previously in that position for Scotland and his distribution is excellent.    If he could step in and equal the performances of Scott McTominay the team would improve with McTominay stepping forward into a midfield slot.  

16 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

I appreciate it's not the high level of Oostende or Reading but the young lad Cooper is captaining Leeds United again tonight and has the cigars out. 

IMHO Cooper is now the established back up to Tierney , ie left centre back

If someone can establish themselves as back up to McTominay , then McTominay could maybe be moved forward to midfield if required but I think SSC would like this back up player to be right footed

So an inform Jack Hendry , and / or Grant Hanley , might be able to help with regards to this

Edited by ewan14

Its mad to me that you think we only need one centre back.
Why can't you just come on and say that you watched cooper and he was playing well? Why do you have to insult others constantly?
He's not insulting anyone, actually... because no one person is saying both of these things.
He's taking a well-meant comment from poster A "Jack Hendry is getting back to good form in the Belgian League"
And another from poster B "I'm not sure about Cooper"
...and mashing them together as if everyone is droning both points continuously and in unison.
Did the same with Burke and McBurnie and others. Pretty dreary and paper-thin stuff really.

He is an absolute fucking roaster.

Jack Hendry could be playing and starting for Ajax and performing great and he would still be on here with his one pishy joke that he recycles constantly about the foreign leagues.

He cant seem to accept that alot of people like to follow scottish players careers when they make the journey outwith Scotland. Whether that's moving to England or abroad. Whilst there may be a few people touting shitter players for squads or caps,  the majority just enjoy keeping a tab on their careers and following their journey as its outwith the norm for a Scottish footballer.

Marshmallo is pretty much a troll at this point.

I think people need to realise why McTominay has been playing RCB. Firstly it’s because Clarke clearly wants a right footed player at this position (rules out Cooper) and secondly wants someone who can pass the ball out with ease and find the striker (rules out Hanley).

In an ideal world McTominay would be in the middle of the park but I can’t see the defence changing before the Euros.

One other thing that is annoying me is people wanting to experiment in March for the World Cup Qualifiers. I get that the Euros is massive and the biggest thing we have been a part of since 1998 but if we want to build on that then we have to take the qualifiers just as serious.

I think people need to realise why McTominay has been playing RCB. Firstly it’s because Clarke clearly wants a right footed player at this position (rules out Cooper) and secondly wants someone who can pass the ball out with ease and find the striker (rules out Hanley).

In an ideal world McTominay would be in the middle of the park but I can’t see the defence changing before the Euros.

One other thing that is annoying me is people wanting to experiment in March for the World Cup Qualifiers. I get that the Euros is massive and the biggest thing we have been a part of since 1998 but if we want to build on that then we have to take the qualifiers just as serious.
Good point re the march qualifiers. I reckon we should focus on honing the core system and players, but I also reckon there's room for a Gauld, Turnbull etc in the pool to train with them and ideally get capped off the bench Vs Austria or Israel or start Vs Faroes at home.

7 hours ago, DavidMcG said:

He is an absolute fucking roaster.

Jack Hendry could be playing and starting for Ajax and performing great and he would still be on here with his one pishy joke that he recycles constantly about the foreign leagues.

He cant seem to accept that alot of people like to follow scottish players careers when they make the journey outwith Scotland. Whether that's moving to England or abroad. Whilst there may be a few people touting shitter players for squads or caps,  the majority just enjoy keeping a tab on their careers and following their journey as its outwith the norm for a Scottish footballer.

Marshmallo is pretty much a troll at this point.

I'll use this forum to discuss football and realistic options for the national team. You can continue to "follow the journey" of Boab Allan and Jack Harper. It doesn't mean I need to take these bang average to awful players seriously as potential Scotland players solely because they have to order a coffee in a language that isn't English.

Jack Hendry isn't "playing and starting for Ajax and performing great" btw, he's playing for something called "Oostende" and has his agent drip feeding stuff to the Scottish press about him being highly rated by indeterminate sources. He was last seen being a laughing stock in Scotland and has now moved to some midtable Belgian fodder.

Let me know when he goes to Ajax (not that that's a huge step up from Rangers or Celtic btw).

Edited by Marshmallo

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I'll use this forum to discuss football and realistic options for the national team. You can continue to "follow the journey" of Boab Allan and Jack Harper. It doesn't mean I need to take these bang average to awful players seriously as potential Scotland players solely because they have to order a coffee in a language that isn't English.

Jack Hendry isn't "playing and starting for Ajax and performing great" btw, he's playing for something called "Oostende" and has his agent drip feeding stuff to the Scottish press about him being highly rated by indeterminate sources. He was last seen being a laughing stock in Scotland and has now moved to some midtable Belgian fodder.

Let me know when he goes to Ajax (not that that's a huge step up from Rangers or Celtic btw).

'never mind Ajax, if he goes to Brentford and they get promoted only then will he be proved decent'

Good point re the march qualifiers. I reckon we should focus on honing the core system and players, but I also reckon there's room for a Gauld, Turnbull etc in the pool to train with them and ideally get capped off the bench Vs Austria or Israel or start Vs Faroes at home.
Has something not changed that will make it near-impossible for Gauld to be called up in March?

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:
14 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Has something not changed that will make it near-impossible for Gauld to be called up in March?

Currently Gauld would have to quarantine on arrival in Scotland because there is no elite athlete exemption for Portugal.

5 hours ago, accies1874 said:
14 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Currently Gauld would have to quarantine on arrival in Scotland because there is no elite athlete exemption for Portugal.

Yep, that. Bah!

20 hours ago, Gordopolis said:
20 hours ago, Ross The Jag said:

Faroes at home , I cannot imagine the game v. Palestine , or Austria , being easy

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Watching Brentford tonight and Tom McIntyre is playing for Reading, he's started at LCB which makes sense because we need more of those. 

Sadly he's had a very good game, been very happy to mix it with Toney and get physical, kept him very quiet. 

Is indeed left footed.