Scotland Centre Backs

Seems like its Nottingham Forrest.  Does that have two r's. Anyway, decent move, I quite like moves like that as its a slightly higher standard but also he'll play every week.

That's very important for defenders imo to be match sharp and to learn, experience is invaluable. Much better than going to say Burnley and sitting on the bench, for example.

All in all a good move from a Scotland point of view, he can hopefully get another two or three caps next month and pretty much go straight in the team at Forrest and kick on, seems to have got his form back recently, then we would have a pretty solid if unspectacular CB on our hands for the next few campaigns.

A move to the Championship would be good for McKenna and would hopefully improve him as a player. If it is Forest, they have got off to a bad start but are expected to be near promotion, play off places at the end of the season. They just missed out on the playoffs last season with a few bad results in the last few games.

Edited by Rscot

4 minutes ago, Rscot said:

A move to the Championship would be good for McKenna and would hopefully improve him as a player. If it is Forest, they have got off to a bad start but are expected to be near promotion, play off places at the end of the season. They just missed out on the playoffs last season with a few bad results in the last few games.

It sounds like it is them. Pretty reasonable move for him, I don't think a couple of seasons in the championship would do him any harm, maybe eventually he gets a wee crack at the premiership with them who knows.  He'd have to improve for that level but has the raw attributes.

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

It sounds like it is them. Pretty reasonable move for him, I don't think a couple of seasons in the championship would do him any harm, maybe eventually he gets a wee crack at the premiership with them who knows.  He'd have to improve for that level but has the raw attributes.

Think he 23 nearly 24 so it would be a good step up at the right time in his playing career. 

On 22/09/2020 at 12:14, Tartan Dave said:

Leeds signing Diego Llorente for 20 million so Cooper may be relegated to bench now 

18 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Shocker.  Who could have predicted that eh.

Have either of you watched Leeds games so far? Robin Koch has given away two penalties and generally been utterly ganting. Liam Cooper was largely good in his one game, although he'll be disappointing in losing out on a header for one of the goals. I'll be shocked if it's not Koch who is dropped given his clown shoes performances so far, rather than the club captain.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Have either of you watched Leeds games so far? Robin Koch has given away two penalties and generally been utterly ganting. Liam Cooper was largely good in his one game, although he'll be disappointing in losing out on a header for one of the goals. I'll be shocked if it's not Koch who is dropped given his clown shoes performances so far, rather than the club captain.

I have not.  Yet I am still confident in my prediction.

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I said “may”. They’ve bought two international centre backs. One Spaniard and one German. It’s not a crazy assumption. Didn’t comment on Cooper’s ability.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Liam Cooper captains Leeds to Championship title = shite, bombscare, diddy

Scott McKenna gets a transfer to middling Championship side to play alongside Joe Worral = what a great move for our caber tossing idol!

No, he's just not a premiership level defender, that's why he's spent almost his entire career in the championship approaching 30 years old. Now his team is in the premiership he obviously won't last very long, if they were in the championship he would.  

Not like you to be a fanny.

4 hours ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I noticed Harry Souttar was playing for Stoke City in The Carabao last night. Promising! 🤞

Another full 90 and another clean sheet.  We really missed out there cause our age group teams are run by total wallopers.  He'd be a nailed on starter for us already next to McKenna.  

2 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Another full 90 and another clean sheet.  We really missed out there cause our age group teams are run by total wallopers.  He'd be a nailed on starter for us already next to McKenna.  

Against the mighty Gillingham too. Oooooohhh! That must be right up there with his star performance against Chinese Macau.