Last season he was second only to Hazard in terms of assists

Just because he hasn’t matched it this season doesn’t mean he’s been “awful”

and it doesn’t mean he should be replaced by a central midfielder 

17 minutes ago, Jeremiah Cole said:

Last season he was second only to Hazard in terms of assists

Just because he hasn’t matched it this season doesn’t mean he’s been “awful”

and it doesn’t mean he should be replaced by a central midfielder 

The games now not last season

See when Mctominay played centre half for Man United, was he any good? Can’t remember it at all really. I’m not suggesting we start him there before anyone goes off on one, but if he’s good there it could be an option against weaker opposition

10 minutes ago, Tartan Dave said:

See when Mctominay played centre half for Man United, was he any good? Can’t remember it at all really. I’m not suggesting we start him there before anyone goes off on one, but if he’s good there it could be an option against weaker opposition

Great shout, him or Danny Wilson. We are overloaded in the centre midfield area, move back to centre back, terrific. Btw he's tall and defensive so suits it much better. Wouldn't be adverse to putting 3 at the back for the harder away game after we beat Israel . To contain Haland. Cooper Wilson and Mctominay. Gets the best out of Robertson? Palmer. McGinn and Jack. Armstron and Fraser and Forrest. And McBurnie

6 minutes ago, Oleksandr said:

Great shout, him or Danny Wilson. We are overloaded in the centre midfield area, move back to centre back, terrific. Btw he's tall and defensive so suits it much better. Wouldn't be adverse to putting 3 at the back for the harder away game after we beat Israel . To contain Haland. Cooper Wilson and Mctominay. Gets the best out of Robertson? Palmer. McGinn and Jack. Armstron and Fraser and Forrest. And McBurnie

Legendary

Just now, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Legendary

Forgot Gilmour.

Do people put up starting 11s, but that's just they're best 11s. No thought into it. So say I w

As listening to a podcast and they put up an 11 but see if they play 3 at the back then two would be right backs and left backs. Have you seen Garth Crook?

On 01/03/2020 at 12:45, Stellaboz said:
On 01/03/2020 at 12:12, Binos said:
He's not playing in that position at Southampton

He's played there many times before for Scotland, Celtic, Dundee Utd and whoever else. Just because he's our wide right now doesn't mean he's not also a centre mid. Fucking simpleton stuff.

Armstrong rarely played at CM for United - more often than not he was one of the 3 attacking midfielders in a 4231.

I think Israel is basically a skoosh.  Might give us a wee fright but Clarke isn't a mug he'll have us at it and set up right, should get past them 3-1 or something.

However. the second game is a completely different game. We have to win, away from home, against a team that is going to be a wee bit better than us.  Big ask.

So I would like to see Clarke utterly shitfest something, like he set up Killie at Ibrox and Skankhead, or like Mourinho sets up his team at home to Stoke, or like Simeone his team which is similar to Killie model.

Defensive as f**k, with a wee threat on the break with pure legs. Said it at the time we should have capped Martin Boyle he'd be starting for me in the second game, huge asset for a game like that.  

1 hour ago, Oleksandr said:

Wilson can’t even get a start for his side in the MLS.

13 hours ago, Tartan Dave said:

Not really. Jose played him there to prove a point.