Scotland Centre Backs

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Interesting line you've drawn there. If Motherwell qualify for Europe do you suggest he shouldn't be part of their named squad?

They'd probably just get knocked out by a team from Wales or Ireland anyway. 

Correct,he should be dropped 😂 😉

Seriously though,now you point it out its stupidly put sentence and will remove it.I,m in the ,know what I want to say mode but when I try to put it down in words it comes out differently 😂

I,m not very articulate

Edited by Rovers_Lad

18 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Correct,he should be dropped 😂 😉

Seriously though,now you point it out its stupidly put sentence and will remove it.I,m in the ,know what I want to say mode but when I try to put it down in words it comes out differently 😂

I,m not very articulate

You're forgiven because you do have a moral compass.

49 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

About 6 years ago, I met Declan Gallagher in Prison when he was a prisoner on remand and awaiting sentencing. Although it’s been mentioned in other posts, I can’t remember the ins and outs of the incident, but ultimately his contract at Livingston FC had been terminated and he found himself behind bars, which despite what the media tell us, is somewhere you really don’t want to be.

I worked in the gym in this prison and one Saturday, after finishing a workout, Declan was sitting on the cross-trainer watching the scores come in via Sky Sports News. He was devastated and spoke of how his life was in ruins and that he had let so many people down and he didn’t know how what he was going to do. I’d heard sob stories a million times over the years, but I could see (and hear) that what this lad was saying was true, and from the heart.

I remember saying to him that his life was now at a crossroads, he could go on to be another young footballer who flew with the crows and was shot with the crows and he could continually do that, or he could do the best that he possibly could, to stay out of all the nonsense that goes on within prison and do his best to get his life back on track when he got out, but ultimately, learn by his experience and never take the position that he was is in, prior to the incident, for granted.

He already knew that, I didn’t tell him anything he hadn’t heard a million times before, or that he hadn’t already told himself a million times. Over his time on Remand, Declan did everything he possibly could, to show that he was sorry for what had happened and actually, for the time I knew him, came across as a really good young lad with his head screwed on.

He went to court after about a month of being in Remand, maybe slightly longer, and from memory the judge gave him a suspended sentence of a few years. Upon returning to society he was re-signed by Livingston FC, who were hugely criticised on social media and in the national media at the time and 3 years later he has been called up to the Scotland squad and has arguably been the best Defender in Scotland so far this season.

So what can we take from this story??

I would say that ultimately, from the individual point of view, never think your life is over. No matter how dark it is or how bad it gets. We all make mistakes, some are huge and seem like the end of the world, others are not so, however if you have the right attitude and show remorse and prove to people you are a good person, then things can work out. You may not get back what you lost, but you can still have a happy ending and doors will open for you.

Furthermore, be remorseful. I know from what Declan had said over his weeks in prison that he was, and I know from media reports that he did everything he could to apologise and make it up to the victim, who will probably never forget what happened, but also, never give up showing people and proving to people that you have learned from your mistake.

From a society perspective, give people a second chance, if they are working hard to show they are sorry then they deserve that. You know when someone is a good person. If the people at Livingston FC had never allowed him a second chance, or any other club in Scotland, how would his life have ended up? It could have been a downward spiral for the lad that could have ended horribly.

Good luck to Declan, it’s great see that he was sincere in what he was saying during this time and it’s great to see that he has managed to put that behind him and hopefully his career doesn’t end here and he he goes on to get more caps for the nation and maybe even go onto bigger things at club level.

I murdered someone, but it was just a mistake. I feel a bit bad about it.

I think that Declan lad got jailed for his mistake of viciously attacking a chef with a baseball bat.

We all make mistakes.

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

What did he do?

Him and his mate jumped a chef and his wife outside a hotel with baseball bats. The chef got a fractured skull and internal bleeding, spent five days in intensive care, has lifelong issues with sight and headaches and required further surgery a few years after the incident as the wounds were so severe it couldnt all be done at the same time.

Gallagher went to jail for 11 months, and was allowed to train with Raith during this time. He's never shown any remorse about the incident beyond regretting the impact it had on his own life.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Him and his mate jumped a chef and his wife outside a hotel with baseball bats. The chef got a fractured skull and internal bleeding, spent five days in intensive care, has lifelong issues with sight and headaches and required further surgery a few years after the incident as the wounds were so severe it couldnt all be done at the same time.

Gallagher went to jail for 11 months, and was allowed to train with Raith during this time. He's never shown any remorse about the incident beyond regretting the impact it had on his own life.

did they ever give a reason for attacking the chef?

5 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Not concerned with what the victim thinks! Really?

Seems you have more sympathy with thug Gallacher than you do with the guy that suffered from his actions.Yes he was dealt with by the law of the land which is laughable the sentences meted out and imo and probably many others he didnt receive or serve  long enough.Anyone who takes a baseball bat to someones head has serious issues.

We should go the full hog and call up Goodwillie

What the victim thinks in terms of the guy earning a wage and progressing his career... You better believe it, as its none of his business. 

I've no sympathy for Gallagher, he behaved like an arsehole and served his punishment, no matter what a dickhead on a message board thinks of the sentence. 

3 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

About 6 years ago, I met Declan Gallagher in Prison when he was a prisoner on remand and awaiting sentencing. Although it’s been mentioned in other posts, I can’t remember the ins and outs of the incident, but ultimately his contract at Livingston FC had been terminated and he found himself behind bars, which despite what the media tell us, is somewhere you really don’t want to be.

I worked in the gym in this prison and one Saturday, after finishing a workout, Declan was sitting on the cross-trainer watching the scores come in via Sky Sports News. He was devastated and spoke of how his life was in ruins and that he had let so many people down and he didn’t know how what he was going to do. I’d heard sob stories a million times over the years, but I could see (and hear) that what this lad was saying was true, and from the heart.

I remember saying to him that his life was now at a crossroads, he could go on to be another young footballer who flew with the crows and was shot with the crows and he could continually do that, or he could do the best that he possibly could, to stay out of all the nonsense that goes on within prison and do his best to get his life back on track when he got out, but ultimately, learn by his experience and never take the position that he was is in, prior to the incident, for granted.

He already knew that, I didn’t tell him anything he hadn’t heard a million times before, or that he hadn’t already told himself a million times. Over his time on Remand, Declan did everything he possibly could, to show that he was sorry for what had happened and actually, for the time I knew him, came across as a really good young lad with his head screwed on.

He went to court after about a month of being in Remand, maybe slightly longer, and from memory the judge gave him a suspended sentence of a few years. Upon returning to society he was re-signed by Livingston FC, who were hugely criticised on social media and in the national media at the time and 3 years later he has been called up to the Scotland squad and has arguably been the best Defender in Scotland so far this season.

So what can we take from this story??

I would say that ultimately, from the individual point of view, never think your life is over. No matter how dark it is or how bad it gets. We all make mistakes, some are huge and seem like the end of the world, others are not so, however if you have the right attitude and show remorse and prove to people you are a good person, then things can work out. You may not get back what you lost, but you can still have a happy ending and doors will open for you.

Furthermore, be remorseful. I know from what Declan had said over his weeks in prison that he was, and I know from media reports that he did everything he could to apologise and make it up to the victim, who will probably never forget what happened, but also, never give up showing people and proving to people that you have learned from your mistake.

From a society perspective, give people a second chance, if they are working hard to show they are sorry then they deserve that. You know when someone is a good person. If the people at Livingston FC had never allowed him a second chance, or any other club in Scotland, how would his life have ended up? It could have been a downward spiral for the lad that could have ended horribly.

Good luck to Declan, it’s great see that he was sincere in what he was saying during this time and it’s great to see that he has managed to put that behind him and hopefully his career doesn’t end here and he he goes on to get more caps for the nation and maybe even go onto bigger things at club level.

Fucking lies... He's a monstrous thug and always will be, and should be forced to beg on the streets of blantyre for the rest of his day's 

Fucking lies.

I’m 39 years old, a fitness instructor, volunteer football coach, have a wife and 2 kids along with everything that comes with that and a full time job. Honestly think I have better things to be doing than coming on a football forum and typing up lies about a professional footballer.

1 hour ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

What the victim thinks in terms of the guy earning a wage and progressing his career... You better believe it, as its none of his business. 

I've no sympathy for Gallagher, he behaved like an arsehole and served his punishment, no matter what a dickhead on a message board thinks of the sentence. 

😂

Responding with name calling shows your true colours

You say that to my face i,d hit you over the head with a baseball bat 😁

11 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

I’m 39 years old, a fitness instructor, volunteer football coach, have a wife and 2 kids along with everything that comes with that and a full time job. Honestly think I have better things to be doing than coming on a football forum and typing up lies about a professional footballer.

Whooosh

Why was the chef attacked? Completely random?