Scotland Centre Backs

So we are going into the next two games knowing that 1 from 3 of Findlay, Gallacher or Devlin will be partnering Mulgrew.
So I make it McKenna and Souttar who would both have been picked for the squad injured. Cooper and Hanley the next cabs off the rank injured. Halkett who may have been on the longlist ahead of Gallagher injured. Lindsay out of the picture as seemingly not being considered and Kerr playing for St. Johnstone. No idea what's happening with Bates.

That's 12 players off the top of my head. All on the scale between average and bombscare but you have to feel for Clarke when he can't get a consistent pairing fit for a run of games.

Pretty sure Gallagher will be refused a visa. So reduce that to two.

So we are going into the next two games knowing that 1 from 3 of Findlay, Gallacher or Devlin will be partnering Mulgrew.
So I make it McKenna and Souttar who would both have been picked for the squad injured. Cooper and Hanley the next cabs off the rank injured. Halkett who may have been on the longlist ahead of Gallagher injured. Lindsay out of the picture as seemingly not being considered and Kerr playing for St. Johnstone. No idea what's happening with Bates.

That's 12 players off the top of my head. All on the scale between average and bombscare but you have to feel for Clarke when he can't get a consistent pairing fit for a run of games.
McKenna started for Aberdeen on Saturday

41 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:
45 minutes ago, Scumjob said:

McKenna started for Aberdeen on Saturday

Is he early on the way back from injury? Can't have been discarded yet surely.

Thing is Bates played a passing role in our last decent performance

And now completely out of the reckoning, why

Mcburnie pulls out injured and Phillips who replaced him on the pitch last game and at least ran about a bit second half and held up the ball... isn't in the squad and hasn't been called up to replace him, why

Edited by Binos

Mcburnie pulls out injured and Phillips who replaced him on the pitch last game and at least ran about a bit second half and held up the ball... isn't in the squad and hasn't been called up to replace him, why

Bates is out injured at Sheffield Wednesday, not sure how long for but he tweeted something to that effect this week. Phillips is going in for an operation in the international break, Clarke mentioned it in his press conference.

2 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

He done the crime, paid the price (of being jailed and having his contract ripped up, and started again at a lower level when he got out)... The man has a right to earn a wage and to progress his career 

I,m sure his victim and family feel the same

On 06/10/2019 at 08:33, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Hopefully Harry does well in all those tricky World Cup qualifying games Australia normally have.

He could do well in the play offs when they are successful agaist big teams

14 hours ago, Binos said:

Clarke said in his announcement press conference that Philips was going for a small operation and wasn't available.

16 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

He done the crime, paid the price (of being jailed and having his contract ripped up, and started again at a lower level when he got out)... The man has a right to earn a wage and to progress his career 

Clyde fan? 

23 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Fractured a mans skull with it no less. Probably quite high on the list of pretty terrible things to get done for IMO.

EDIT - Not saying he shouldn't be called up btw, but it was a fairly horrible crime.

Aye no very nice at all, but we can do with a few more aggressive players in the team. 

23 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Fractured a mans skull with it no less. Probably quite high on the list of pretty terrible things to get done for IMO.

EDIT - Not saying he shouldn't be called up btw, but it was a fairly horrible crime.

He gave the boy a brain haemorrhage, and a lifetime of headaches and vision issues.

The victims wife was also attacked in the same incident.

It was years ago, but I dont think Gallagher has ever actually apologised, or showed any remorse, over it. He just seems to say he regrets going to jail.

4 hours ago, 0Neils40yarder said:

I'm not really concerned what the victim thinks... He done a bad thing and was dealt with by the law of the land. What would you have him do, be on the streets begging rather than earn a living? 

Not concerned with what the victim thinks! Really?

Seems you have more sympathy with thug Gallacher than you do with the guy that suffered from his actions.Yes he was dealt with by the law of the land which is laughable the sentences meted out and imo and probably many others he didnt receive or serve  long enough.Anyone who takes a baseball bat to someones head has serious issues.

We should go the full hog and call up Goodwillie

Edited by Rovers_Lad