On 30/08/2018 at 10:05, RandomGuy. said:

Scott Gemmill logic. 

"Why drop Premiership regular Kerr?"

"Hes too old" 

"Oh, who you selecting then?" 

"David Bates" 

"But he's four months older?" 

"Aye but he once players for Ranjurs ken" 

At least we don't ignore talented youngsters based on who they play for. 

So he’s being picked because he’s playing for a team and did play for another team that are both better than Saint Johnstone?

What’s wrong with the logic in that?

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

So he’s being picked because he’s playing for a team and did play for another team that are both better than Saint Johnstone?

What’s wrong with the logic in that?

What? 

Kerr was dropped for being "too old" for the U21 squad. He was replaced by someone older.

That was the issue I had.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What? 

Kerr was dropped for being "too old" for the U21 squad. He was replaced by someone older.

That was the issue I had.

I cant see too much about it but a quick google from last year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45401888

He wanted one ‘older’ defender to help the change. It was gong to be Souttar but he is in the full squad now so now it is David Bates who is currently filling that role.

Edited by gannonball

Just now, gannonball said:

I cant see too much about it but a quick google from last year

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45401888

He wanted one ‘older’ defender to help the change. It was gong to be Souttar but he is in the full squad now so now it is David Bates who is currently filling that role.

Yes, and that article was published a full month after the quote of mines you've dredged up.

Any reason you've suddenly decided to hunt down a 11 month old post?

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, and that article was published a full month after the quote of mines you've dredged up.

Any reason you've suddenly decided to hunt down a 11 month old post?

Ah, fair enough. Was just scrolling through from the top of the current page as it had been posted on recently, didn't pay any attention to when others had posted.

Liam Morrison must be worth a mention on here, never heard of the guy till the last few wks.

But hes 16 and a unit, and has celtic and Bayern of Munich fighting over him.

Obviously he won't be world class  like Harry Souttar. But he sounds one worth keeping an eye on in any case.

Liam Morrison must be worth a mention on here, never heard of the guy till the last few wks.
But hes 16 and a unit, and has celtic and Bayern of Munich fighting over him.

Signed a 3 year deal with Bayern and now involved in their U19’s.

Sky Sports are reporting that Liverpool have sold George Johnson, a Scottish youth international, to Feyenoord.

Liverpool's website - "George is a left-sided centre-back who has been at the club since the age of nine. A fully committed defender, his superb last-ditch tackles and interceptions are a big part of his game. George, who can also play at left-back, is a Scotland youth international and a member of the U23s squad."

Hopefully one for the future.

22 hours ago, craigkillie said:
On 28/07/2019 at 16:17, craigkillie said:
Not in their squad today.

Bates about to join Sheffield Wednesday on loan. Will be 5 Scots there I think - joins Liam Palmer, Barry Bannan, Steven Fletcher and Jordan Rhodes.

An upwards move, given the amount of people who seemed adamant that the Bundesliga 2 was inferior to the Championship.

23 hours ago, craigkillie said:
On 28/07/2019 at 16:17, craigkillie said:
Not in their squad today.

Bates about to join Sheffield Wednesday on loan. Will be 5 Scots there I think - joins Liam Palmer, Barry Bannan, Steven Fletcher and Jordan Rhodes.

There's no reason we shouldn't be qualifying for our own home tournament

6 premier league players Inc one at Liverpool arsenal and man u

The Celtic contingent

And a whole bunch at upper half championship sides

Miles better than Ireland or northern ireland have had when qualifying

On 20/07/2019 at 11:59, Falcor Roar said:

All indications point to him staying in Hamburg's plans as far as I can make out. 

I'll never understand why so many folk on here get excited about putting players down and going 'Look! Told you so!' 

There is a thread about the guy because he's taken a different career path. Let's hope he makes something of his career and does well for Scotland. I think most people are aware that with young players it's always quite likely not to work out that way.

Fucking hell imagine discussing Scottish prospects in the Scotland part of the forum... 

Signs for a mediocre English Championship side to play alongside such luminaries as Liam Palmer. Fair play to him. Looking forward to Bates signing for Hibs in 18 months time.

20 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Signs for a mediocre English Championship side to play alongside such luminaries as Liam Palmer. Fair play to him. Looking forward to Bates signing for Hibs in 18 months time.

Nice one. Have a biscuit donkeybaws. 

6 hours ago, Binos said:

There's no reason we shouldn't be qualifying for our own home tournament

6 premier league players Inc one at Liverpool arsenal and man u

The Celtic contingent

And a whole bunch at upper half championship sides

Miles better than Ireland or northern ireland have had when qualifying

McLean

McBurnie

Tierney

McTominay

Robertson

Fraser

McGinn

and that’s not including Hanley, Snodgrass, Fleck, Ritchie etc. etc.

Clearly the best list of internationals we’ve had in a generation.  We lack a striker, a high class right back, and perhaps another very good centre half, but we’ve been in far worse positions than this.