Scotland Centre Backs

12 hours ago, SpoonTon said:

Hopefully one or two will step up, but they're not 20. McKenna and Souttar will be 22 soon, Lindsay will be 23 soon, and Hendry is 23 already. Still young and learning, and they have a chance of becoming good international players, but they are a long, long way off the top players of their age group. I'm not convinced by some of the optimism. 

Is like having a group of Andy Websters.

McKenna is an absolute monster and would quite possibly have left Aberdeen for either a Premier League or a big spending Championship club in England had he not picked up an injury.  I think he's well ahead of the rest of the guys you named.

14 hours ago, Peppino Impastato said:

McKenna will be a premiership defender quite quickly.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

McKenna is an absolute monster and would quite possibly have left Aberdeen for either a Premier League or a big spending Championship club in England had he not picked up an injury.  I think he's well ahead of the rest of the guys you named.

That's my hope as well, but I'm not totally convinced yet. 

Liam Cooper has looked very good in the couple of Leeds matches under Bielsa, he's surely got to be a definite call up providing his heart is in it etc ??

Wonder after the success of stones and McGuire at the World Cup if it’s worth having another word with Alfie Mawson who’s still eligible. Only 24 and and wasn’t in World Cup squad

I didn’t know he was eligible. If that is the case then it should be a no brained that we continue to ask the question. From memory, he’s mid-20’s so has probably missed the boat to be involved with England.

On 8/18/2018 at 08:17, BB_Bino said:

I didn’t know he was eligible. If that is the case then it should be a no brained that we continue to ask the question. From memory, he’s mid-20’s so has probably missed the boat to be involved with England.

According to wikipedia he was named in the pre-world cup friendly squads in March this year. No chance of him switching anytime soon, he's on the fringes of their squad and only an injury or two away from making their matchday squad.

No chance, some fannies on here said he was shite and not worth keeping an eye on.  You must be mistaken.

Aye, if only he played for fucking Barnsley or some such pish, he’d be a stick on.

On 03/08/2018 at 21:54, Marshmallo said:

Hamburg had their two first choice defenders out injured tonight (Papadopoulous wears 9 and Jung wears 28).

I've been watching football since 1996. Bates was subbed off after around an hour after giving one of the 10 worst individual performances I've ever seen in the thousands of football games I've watched. He was that bad.

Hamburg will be midtable at best this season. Bates is crap. Not worth keeping an eye on.

Good eye champ