Scotland Centre Backs

out for 6 weeks so he'll not be in the squad for the games vs Belgium Albania

Gutted for the lad, over the past few games he’s been one of the few bright spots and looks to be growing into our first pick Centre Back.

For the first time in years we have a wealth of options for this position. Some may not be quite good enough yet or possibly ever but we do at least have choices.

Mulgrew, Berra, and Martin are coming to the end of their careers. Tierney, McKenna, Hendry, Hanley,  Lindsay, Souttar and McCrorie are all still young which bodes well for the future.

Edited by Honest_Ally
Typos

2 hours ago, Honest_Ally said:

For the first time in years we have a wealth of options for this position. Some may not be quite good enough yet or possibly ever but we do at least have choices.

Mulgrew, Berra, and Martin are coming to the end of their careers. Tierney, McKenna, Hendry, Hanley,  Lindsay, Souttar and McCrorie are all still young which bodes well for the future.

Should also try to get McDonald from hull he's eligible and a decent option

12 hours ago, Honest_Ally said:

Mcrorie is not a CB,  however be interesting to see how well bates does at hamburg.

9 hours ago, Londonwell said:

Been impressed by Porteous in the admittedly small amount I’ve seen of him.

How high do Hibs rate him?

Very. He'll go for big money if he keeps progressing as he is. He is only 19.

It's a shame that McKenna won't be able to test himself against world class opposition in the Belgium game. 

If McLeish goes for a back three in this double header, you'd imagine it'll be Mulgrew, Tierney and one other (preferably right-footed). There's every chance they could get torn apart in the Belgium game, but Hendry or Souttar would be the best fit for the final spot. Good on the ball, relatively quick, right-footed and tall. 

36 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

He was subbed off after conceding the first goal where he could have done better but Hamburg conceded two more after he went off so I think that club has bigger problems than just Bates on his own.

He was good enough for a bundesliga club to want to sign him and rangers want to keep him, at 21.  I'll take their opinion over some fanjita on the internet.

We had the exact same issue a year ago, with people on here like craigkillie and others telling us Stuart Findlay was pish cause they'd pure seen him so knew what they were talking about.  I said if Newcastle and Celtic both thought he was good enough to have on their books he will be decent.  Guess who was right.  Bates will almost certainly play for Scotland.  And I've never seen him play once, but you can take that to the bank.