Shock Signings?

Shannon

10 minutes ago, JOS said:

Top 5 in the East and probably the biggest supported. Proved that last year at both finals, 2 to 1 Bonnyrigg fans who are arguably the biggest east junior club at the minute. 

Top 5 in the East at what? Number of managers they have gone through in last 5 years?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
9 minutes ago, JOS said:
Top 5 in the East and probably the biggest supported. Proved that last year at both finals, 2 to 1 Bonnyrigg fans who are arguably the biggest east junior club at the minute. 

Drugs are a very bad thing. Tranent better supported than Linlithgow or Boness.

Our avaerage gate is 300 plus we have 120 season ticket holders. Once in the SL Tranent will compete at the top comfortably. I’ve spoken to players at both clubs recently, scrapping about for training kit at both clubs. Our players want for nothing.  Maybe that’s why we can attract big players. 

Time will tell! It’s all about opinions, difference is our manager could sign who he wanted.  He’d be supported 100% only us and Kelty have that luxury. 

Our avaerage gate is 300 plus we have 120 season ticket holders. Once in the SL Tranent will compete at the top comfortably. I’ve spoken to players at both clubs recently, scrapping about for training kit at both clubs. Our players want for nothing.  Maybe that’s why we can attract big players. 
Time will tell! It’s all about opinions, difference is our manager could sign who he wanted.  He’d be supported 100% only us and Kelty have that luxury. 
So not the best support in the East then.

6 minutes ago, JOS said:

Surprised about the average gate. When Musselburgh were at Tranent in October, there weren’t 300at that game and that was a derby match.

When do you see Tranent being in the Super League? Last season, winning 2 cups was a great achievement for Tranent, and that should have kick-started a great season this year. But that hasn’t materialised. If your manager could sign who he wanted, was that the case at the start of the season. Players should have been clambering to sign for Tranent, given their cup success. Not sure that happened, but then, that is my opinion. 

I've spoken to players who joined the rose this year and they have commented on what a step up in the level of organisation it is here. From training kit to having your boots looked after to the whole set up so perhaps your Intel was from over the other side of the flints?

300? Maybe if we stopped counting at the half way line....

HTG.

So Tranent are bankrolled by a sugar daddy and that's why they can pay for players like Ian Black? Stuff like that never ends well.

300 is impressive.

10 minutes ago, Goalie Hamish said:

So Tranent are bankrolled by a sugar daddy and that's why they can pay for players like Ian Black? Stuff like that never ends well.

300 is impressive.

Sugar Daddy!! I like that.

Not just down to one man. There’s about 4 committee that dig deep to give the gaffer the tools to sign players.

Its all about opinions but people saying Tranent aren’t a big club!! Just check the history books not just the past decade when we have been a small club. 

Stick in chaps, hopefully see you in the SL in the next 10 years. 

Guest brycey
1 hour ago, Toffee fan said:

Top 5 in the East at what? Number of managers they have gone through in last 5 years?

k

theyll b signin hector broklebank fae hb fash nxt 

5 hours ago, pie n beans said:

You think Tranent would have learned signing K Thomson but to sign Ian Black is another strange one, a very poor disciplinary record at senior level, just hope he has learned and the east premier will be an eye opener for him.

my Dunbar supporting mate has pointed out he was red carded as a Tranent trialsit earlier in the season against Dunbar! :lol:

1 hour ago, JOS said:

who ?

5 hours ago, quickoverayard said:

Benni McCarthy no sign or play for Whitehill welfare for a spell?

Hate blackie as a player and a person but its got media attention on the juniors ( especially tranent ) so can only be a good thing. How long he lasts, only time will tell. He will be on a fair bit of coin id imagine.

I don't think McCarthy ever played for Welfare in an official match (may have done in friendlies though). He had a connection with Welfare player John Hall. 

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:

If you're getting £800 a week ( what I heard Thomson Was on and blackie id imagine will be on something similar ) i couldn't care who i was playing for, 6hrs of part time football.... happy days.

Just hope he is more committed than Thomson

£800 a week.....mental at this level 

Archived