Community Club?

23 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Four clubs in the LL play closer to Glasgow than BSC Glasgow.

Sorry, but it's ridiculous to claim they can't find a suitable ground closer to Broomhill that Clackmannanshire. Scotstoun, Renfrew, New Tinto Park, Petershill, Greenfield, Bellahouston Park, Glasgow Green, Lesser Hampden, Maryhill, Barlia, Holm Park... that's all off the top of my head. I'm sure I could come up with plenty more with a bit of research. Are you honestly telling me not one of them is available? Even New Douglas Park, K Park, Broadwood or Dumbarton would be better.

I don't care how many play for BSC "Glasgow", that doesn't give them a community. That makes them a children's sports club. If the answer to "what is your football club for" isn't "to give our community a football team to support" then it can't be more than a really good youth club. 

I’m so glad you came up with all of those solutions, we’ve never thought of, or tried any of them before!!! And yes I am HONESTLY telling you they are not available. I could bore you with lots of facts about some of these requests and some of the rejections we’ve had, but you probably know a lot more about it than we do.

P.S. Even you must realise that some of the venues you have quoted are just impossible suggestions.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Patches O'Houlihan said:

You really think BSC play in Alloa through  choice??? The club are continually working towards getting a ground in Glasgow,  but it’s not that easy! Trying to obtain land is difficult, before you even consider the cost of it. We are working on it every day, we are not just sitting back and accepting it.

As for your point about not being part of the community, I can only laugh at that. We have over 500 members playing and training in the West end every week.

Most obvious place for Broomhill to play is that stadium on Danes Drive.

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

That's dodging the point entirely.

I'm asking you to explain why Edusport belong in the pyramid and Celtic U20s (not 21s) don't.

You're arguing with me about something I never came close to saying, hence the lack of explanation. ;)

Most obvious place for Broomhill to play is that stadium on Danes Drive.
I have no knowledge of this either inside or second hand, but if be absolutely stunned if BSC hadn't at least looked into playing there, especially given that their under 20s play on the side pitches. I imagine it would be somewhat of a logistical nightmare

12 hours ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Is anything happening with the Victoria Park site plans?

I read somewhere that there had been mention of locals wanting to turn it into an orchard?

There were 3 plans put forward to a public consultation that would turn a dog shit covered piece of wasteland into a Community Sports Complex an Orchard or grass the whole area over. In the end the Community Sports Complex and Orchard drew most votes but couldn't be separated. GCC then took the decision to settle for the dog shit covered piece of wasteland. The sad thing is there is enough land to do both. 

It would have been great to see the Viccy Park site come to fruition for one of those proposals because that bit of land is completely wasted in it's current state - it's almost completely unused in what is an otherwise busy wee park. 

Ankle deep mud, red blaes, and dug shite does not a recreational facility make. 

Archived