The 2018 NFL Draft

lichtie23

The 2018 NFL Draft will be the 83rd annual meeting of NFL franchises to select newly eligible players. The draft will be held from April 26–28. It will be held at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

The narrative of the 2018 draft is the Quarterback with a possible 4 going in the 1st round. Josh Rosen (UCLA), Josh Darnold (USC), Baker Mayfield (Oklahoma) & Josh Allen (Wyoming) have all declared and there is a possibility that Louisville’s Lamar Jackson could also decide to declare before the January 15th deadline for underclassmen. Penn States Saquon Barkley is head and shoulders the best Running Back (and possibly best player) in this year’s draft. Other players to watch include

Derwin James, S, Florida State

Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State

Christian Kirk, WR, Texas A&M

Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama

Mike McGlinchey, OL, Notre Dame

The Cleveland Browns have the number 1 and number 4 pick. I can see them going Barkley at 1 and one of Darnold, Rosen, Allen or Mayfield at 4.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I presume players drafted have no options here? They are essentially commodities? If some absolutely gash bottom feeders sign you up, that's it?
At least they must be able to negotiate contract length, remuneration etc?
Or is all that set centrally too.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

I presume players drafted have no options here? They are essentially commodities? If some absolutely gash bottom feeders sign you up, that's it?
At least they must be able to negotiate contract length, remuneration etc?
Or is all that set centrally too.

32 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

What was the story with Eli Manning, didn’t he refuse to play for the chargers?

Yes.  And Elway the Baltimore Colts. 

Manning and his father both said that he would not play for the Chargers so the Chargers picked him anyway, after making a deal with the Giants that a Trade for Manning for Rivers plus 2 draft picks.  

Elway told the Colts if he wasn't traded he would sign for I think the Yankees and play pro-Baseball instead.  

It looks to potentially a really strong draft class, but the potential for busts is very high, especially at QB. That said, there could be 3 or 4 teams who could absolutely pick up a franchise running back even fairly deep into the draft. I might also request the Friday off, I do enjoy the first round.

11 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Lamar Jackson in the second round please.

Yes please. He's not making it to the second round though.

EDIT: I'd take him at 6. He's a much better pocket passer than he's given credit for, he sees openings in the defense and is the most athletic QB I've ever seen.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

You think? He seems underrated to me by many, some think he could drop to the second.

Still very early but with his talent, he should be a first round pick. I'll  be very angry if Josh Allen is picked ahead of him and/or in the first round.

Jackson will be great fun, tough to project how he'll do given no team will let him do what he got away with in Louisville though. Too slight to run that much against NFL defences as well imo.

Didn't realise Darnold had already declared, he's a clear bust I reckon.

Baker Mayfield will be 2018's DeShaun Watson. Better athlete than he gets given credit for, big arm, good decision maker, self belief through the roof and, most importantly, plenty experience leading a huge programme in key games.

Kerryon Johnson has declared as well I saw, he'll be a great take for anyone in the second round, which is where he's projected. Absolute tank and dat patient stutter step.

Archived