Irn Bru

The Sainbury's at Meadowbank had crates of the stuff when I was in the other day. I've barely had any Irn Bru since they changed the recipe come to think of it.

18 hours ago, Michael W said:

Managed to pick up a bottle today, which isn't bad given I'm in SE England. It went down a great. 

Nowhere near Gatwick by chance? 

I managed to get loads of bottles from B&M last time round, not noticed them in any of the corner shops round my way at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Nowhere near Gatwick by chance? 

I managed to get loads of bottles from B&M last time round, not noticed them in any of the corner shops round my way at the moment. 

Reading. There  a pretty large B&M so will take a look there as well. 

3 hours ago, Ekhibee88 said:

Sainsburys and Morrisons had it in last time but only in Scotland. I don't get why they don't put it in cans or small bottles

Yeah I don't ever recall seeing it in a supermarket here last time. Asda didn't have it when I was in during the week but admittedly I don't go into supermarkets very often.

I guess the price of the 750ml bottle ultimately means that a can of it would be some thing like £1.20, which people likely wouldn't pay. 

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Crate purchased. RiG you are a hero.

I'm just wrapping up work and might partake in a bottle or two. Getting set for a crazy weekend in EH7...

22 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Crate purchased. RiG you are a hero.

I spent about 10 minutes wandering round the store yesterday trying to find 1901, gave up and went to the self scan checkouts and that's where they had stuck all the crates :lol: 

2 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Spotted this can on my walk today. Couldn't see a best before date on it. Looks ancient. Predates the modern ring pull which must have came in about 1990 or so.

IMG_20210327_132910.jpeg

Looks like this design, introduced in 1985

Screenshot_20210327-175335_Opera.jpg

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

This is a step in the right direction, but the best stuff is still the 37% sugar. This isn't quite that.

Doesn't this stuff have more sugar than the "full sugar" stuff?

Im genuinely surprised that, if they wanted to go down the route of a permanent high sugar addition to the range, they didn't just bring back the previous good stuff.

2 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Doesn't this stuff have more sugar than the "full sugar" stuff?

Im genuinely surprised that, if they wanted to go down the route of a permanent high sugar addition to the range, they didn't just bring back the previous good stuff.

No idea - but it's not as good. It'll be the best by a considerable distance and an acceptable drink that they've been lacking though.

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No idea - but it's not as good. It'll be the best by a considerable distance and an acceptable drink that they've been lacking though.

It's been about 3 years now since I had the "old" stuff so granted I've probably forgotten what it tastes like, but I don't really detect a difference between that and 1901. Doesn't taste any different to me, at least from memory.