Irn Bru

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Sales are up at Irn Bru maker AG Barr despite its decision to reduce sugar. Firm expects revenue of around £277 million for past year, up 7.5% on previous year. Barr says 99% of its drinks will be exempt from sugar tax levy by its April introduction.

Still not tried the other ane yet

Sales are up because folk have been buying as much of the proper stuff as they can before it disappears.

51 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I had a can of the new one yesterday, don't understand the fuss here.  I found there was a very slight different after taste, similar to a diet Irn Bru but not quite as strong.  It tastes fine.

I realise everyone will have a different reaction to it, but I honestly thought it tasted more artificial than Diet.

I had a can of the new stuff and it definitely tastes different. Very sickly sweet. Wasn't a fan however I suspect I will still buy it when I'm hungover but less often overall.

23 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Sorry, these two statements do not correlate.

I actually agree with you that Diet isn't good but I don't feel the new can is anywhere near as strong as the taste you get from Diet. You can taste the sweetener but I don't find it so sickening that I can't drink it any more.

22 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I realise everyone will have a different reaction to it, but I honestly thought it tasted more artificial than Diet.

Aye, as above I could definitely taste the sweetener but overall I thought the taste was pretty similar to the original. 

3 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I have an unopened 2 litre bottle of original "old recipe" Irn Bru that I bought before Christmas. I don't even drink the stuff.

Lets start the bidding at £5

Is it signed or something? They're in Morrisons for £1 at the moment.

I'm one of the rare fuckin weird b*****ds that prefer Diet Irn Bru to the normal stuff, it just tastes like syrup to me.

It's a marketing scam anyway, why would you tamper with a product that is already so dominant. What they should be working on is the reintroduction of the irn bru bar...

irn-bru-bars.jpg

4 minutes ago, ShaggysBeard said:

I'm one of the rare fuckin weird b*****ds that prefer Diet Irn Bru to the normal stuff, it just tastes like syrup to me.

It's a marketing scam anyway, why would you tamper with a product that is already so dominant. What they should be working on is the reintroduction of the irn bru bar...

irn-bru-bars.jpg

We're not weird.

4 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Sales are up at Irn Bru maker AG Barr despite its decision to reduce sugar. Firm expects revenue of around £277 million for past year, up 7.5% on previous year. Barr says 99% of its drinks will be exempt from sugar tax levy by its April introduction.

Still not tried the other ane yet

99% of it's drinks. Does that give hope that they will release Irn Bru classic perhaps?

I failed to tell the difference between the original in work the other day. Gutted. Out of a can they are very different, but apparently in a glass it's harder to tell. No idea why.