13 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

They're between a rock and a hard place. While sugar is certainly less damaging to the human body than the artificial shite in the diet stuff, there is the equivalent of eight teaspoonfuls of sugar per can. That's actually shocking and needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency. I normally prefer the educational route myself, but sometimes a harder line needs to be taken...

You are actually way better off having the sugared can. I'm not saying eight spoonfuls is exactly an acceptable level to consume by any means but people even in this day and age, still assume that because sweeteners have little to no calories  ≈  better for you.

People just end up eating more food whether they are aware of it or not. You just have to google to see most studies pointing towards this.

It comes down to insulin secreetion. Insulin is released into the body to regualte glucose, so in this case with the sugar being brought into you system, your pancreas releases the insulin to help you absorb the glucose into your muscles. Depending on the sweetners used, it can lead to insulin being unneccessarily released because you're tricking your body into thinking it's time to secreet insulin even though there is no sugar to break down. Over time, you'll brain will notice this, and try to correct it by slowing your metabolism down and not releasing as much insulin leading in some cases stop releasing it at all leading to diabetes.

This isn't even bringing it down to the flavour with the sweetners which are rank awful, and I won't be making an effort to touch the stuff after this.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

9 out of 10 people said we've got an excellent or a good taste match.

The word "exact" seems to be absent from the PR guff. I still think this is a BRITNAT ploy to damage, and eventually kill off, a Scottish INSTATOOSHIN.

blob.png

Tizer, munchy box, buckfast. 

Sounds about right for you classic Ayeern Brooo drinkers.

Edited by Cerberus

Is that statement real? If so, fucking hell.

Can someone also explain what Irn Bru extra is? Does it contain extra sugar or extra girders? Never seen it. Wonder if they'll reduce the sugar in their other flavours. Their american cream soda was like drinking diabetes.

22 hours ago, Cerberus said:

'The whole point of this country is if you want to eat garbage, balloon up to 600 pounds and die of a heart attack at 43, you can! You are free to do so. To me, that's beautiful.'

Does America allow Irn-Bru into the country yet?

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I heard we can export haggis without the haggisy bits now, so probably yes.

22 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Definitely saw a post from a shop owner saying they popped past Sangs whilst up in Macduff anyway and was told they'd stopped. The sudden and seemingly permanent lack of it in my local Aberdeen chip shop (that has been my old reliable source for a few years now) is of notable concern and implies that this s**t just got real.

Thanks to P&B's championing of a drink I'd never actually heard of I'd picked up a supply of 500ml bottles while up that way - Elgin I think. One bottle left, which is quite annoying since I developed a liking for the stuff. 

Goodbye, sweet scoosh - we hardly knew each other.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

There's a shop in New York that stocks it that's absolutely not one of the first places I go when I get there...

12 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

As a club we need to stick together 8a77d91205892a14464db7e57a454cf4.jpg

Anyone even thinking about tampering with IRN BRU should be chibbed.

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

You can buy it.
I believe at one point there was an FDA restriction on one of the colourings in Irn Bru so they had to remove that to sell it.

I very rarely take a notion to fizzy drinks, but when I do it’s usually Bru. Might join in the hysteria and stockpile.

There's a shop in New York that stocks it that's absolutely not one of the first places I go when I get there...

I was in a supermarket in Maun (random small town in the arse end of Botswana) a few weeks ago and they had a giant pile of Barrs' Creme Soda in the corner of their only supermarket. No Bru, just that internationally acclaimed creme soda.

Seen someone with 2 24 packs in Asda earlier.

Is that all ?
They need to be getting more than that. It's a tenner for 48 cans .
Teckle

Still utter c***s