Irn Bru

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make it a once a year thing like Creme Eggs.

Create a bit of advertising hype leading up to December 1st and sell tons of bottles at £2.00 + a pop, then it's cruelly taken away for another 11 months after Hogmanay.

39 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I did my taste test with four different varieties...(diet, extra, normal (shite one), 1901).

I got the two diet ones mixed up but called both the normal one and the new sugary bad boy.

Feeling quite chuffed with myself, and quite happy to continue with the two quid stuff - even though it's not quite the same.

It'll be v interesting to see what Barr's do now. This is only a temporary bottle but they surely can't just take it away and go back to what they had. That would be financial suicide, surely? The share price lost 30% in the day this year where they announced their sales fall, so surely they'll need to put in place a long term high sugar option (hopefully the original and best).

^^^ What are you doing with all that irn bru dear?

I'm conducting a blind taste test for my pals on the internet.

^^^ What are you doing with all that irn bru dear?
I'm conducting a blind taste test for my pals on the internet.
I got small bottles. The kids also got their first ever taste of orange nectar. They preferred the sugar free varieties - which is a good sign.

(I support the sugar tax as we need to get a grip on the sugar we take in - but let me buy the good stuff that these c***s got me addicted to)

Wait hang on. Are there folk here getting annoyed its not the old stuff even though Barrs never claimed it was?
Folk (I) want the old stuff.

I thought this would be closer to it than it is, and they were just marketing it differently to save face.

Folk (I) want the old stuff.

I thought this would be closer to it than it is, and they were just marketing it differently to save face.

Regardless of whether it’s the old-old stuff and not the old stuff; it’s far, far better than the post sugar tax imposter they introduced.

Home Bargains has bottles for £1.79
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/irn-bru-1901-3361507
Handy, I used to work at Home Bargains so I'll be asking my old boss to order a couple of extra cases for me[emoji16]

How much for a case of 12?

ETA: Where from?
£22 I paid for it, one of the Premier stores in Arbroath were taking pre orders for it.