Irn Bru

I get that some shops will ration folk to 2 bottles or whatever, but it makes no sense to me that shops are keeping stock back for the next day, or the day after.  Get your whole stock out on the shelf and get it sold, what's the point in selling it 10 bottles a day when you can punt 100 in the one go?

14 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Anyone else noticed the warning on the label saying the additives could affect kids' behaviour. Was this on before or is it on any of the other variants? Probably just confirming what we already knew but probably put down to the sugar.

Activity warnings for caffeine, food colouring and E numbers has been a thing for ages.

17 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I get that some shops will ration folk to 2 bottles or whatever, but it makes no sense to me that shops are keeping stock back for the next day, or the day after.  Get your whole stock out on the shelf and get it sold, what's the point in selling it 10 bottles a day when you can punt 100 in the one go?

People would have no reason to be in the shop for those last nine days. Shops like having people in them.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Sorry, but that doesn't make sense. Did nobody visit shops before Irn Bru brought this out?

"Hey, I fancy some of that new Irn-Bru. I'll go to a shop that I know is selling it."

*sorry, we're all sold out and won't have any more* Person doesn't go back to that shop.

"Hey, I fancy some of that new Irn-Bru. I'll go to a shop that I know is selling it."

*sorry, we're sold out for today but we'll have more in tomorrow.* Person goes back to that shop. 

Maybe if people are limited in how many bottles they buy at once they have to keep going back, and might buy some other things in the shop.

14 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Anyone else noticed the warning on the label saying the additives could affect kids' behaviour. Was this on before or is it on any of the other variants? Probably just confirming what we already knew but probably put down to the sugar.

For ages.

Sunset Yellow and Ponticue(?) I believe are the colours banned in USA 

ETA Ponceau 4R, it's on the label of lucozade I'm drinking 

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

I bought a few in Sainsbury's on Wednesday and decided that I'd keep one for my brother who lives in England. He then asked me to get him a case and transferred the money only for me to go back last night to an Irn Bru-less supermarket. I'm sure I'll manage to get it somewhere.

19 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

The last few pages of this thread reminds me of the time Arthur Fowler stole the Christmas Club money. There's going to be some very disappointed children and wives in a few weeks time.

And when your local shop runs has none in stock =

49j0YF.gif