Irn Bru

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

I assume they are worried that some folk will stockpile it and sell it on at a profit. They'll want to do that themselves when they get towards the end of their stocks...

Is this Bru only a limited time thing? I had thought this was just going to be an option for the rest of time.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is this Bru only a limited time thing? I had thought this was just going to be an option for the rest of time.

Yep, however from recent Twitter posts, I dare say it will make a come back on a permanent basis. 

1 minute ago, LondonHMFC said:

Yep, however from recent Twitter posts, I dare say it will make a come back on a permanent basis. 

I just don't understand them. To me they've played the perfect "business" game here. Cancelled a well loved drink causing huge stockpiling across the country, successfully transitioned to a different recipe, then re-released basically the original which now looks to be causing a huge burst in sales again, right before the end of the year. To take this off the shelf again would seem madness to me.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I just don't understand them. To me they've played the perfect "business" game here. Cancelled a well loved drink causing huge stockpiling across the country, successfully transitioned to a different recipe, then re-released basically the original which now looks to be causing a huge burst in sales again, right before the end of the year. To take this off the shelf again would seem madness to me.

I'm assuming they will launch it as a permanent product again, off the back of what seems like overwhelming evidence that we don't care how expensive it is thanks to the sugar tax, we just want to drink the fucking stuff even if it bankrupts and/or kills us.

Edited by Ross.

57 minutes ago, Ross. said:

I'm assuming they will launch it as a permanent product again, off the back of what seems like overwhelming evidence that we don't care how expensive it is thanks to the sugar tax, we just want to drink the fucking stuff even if it bankrupts and/or kills us.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51acd7a2413862e299f52

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Newsagent at end of Meadows opposite Summerhall has crates of the stuff. Two bottles for a fiver. Money very well spent.

You, sir, are a gentleman. They say it’s not the same recipe we had before, but it sure tastes like it. Unbelievable scenes.

Surely to Christ they’ll see sales rocket and put this on permanently going forward.