Irn Bru

The shop assistant was sorting out the cases of the stuff the moment I walked into Kinross Sainsburys at 8:45. My heart was filled with joy when I looked at the mountain of 200 odd bottles stacked in front of me. Bought 5 bottles, and I am happy to see that it tastes amazing.

The shop assistant was sorting out the cases of the stuff the moment I walked into Kinross Sainsburys at 8:45. My heart was filled with joy when I looked at the mountain of 200 odd bottles stacked in front of me. Bought 5 bottles, and I am happy to see that it tastes amazing.

I think there might be too much sugar if you can see the taste

My workmate just brought me in a bottle from going out at lunch.  Couldn't resist the temptation to try it before I got home tonight.  Sweet mother of God.  Absolutely phenomenal.  

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Was I laughing at all you sugar junkies creaming in your pants at the thought of old Irn Bru for much of this week? I absolutely was.

Am I using my whole 30 minute lunch break walking around to find a shop that is selling it? I absolutely am.

Unsuccessful trip.

I've just bought a bottle from the wee grocery across the road from Munns on Maryhill Road. £2 seems to be the going rate. I don't drink as much fizzy drinks since they changed the recipe (so the sugar tax has worked) but if this is any good there will be a few bottles going in the cupboard for special occasions i.e. hangovers.

Wee shop on Barnes St in Whitecrook is selling it, rationed to 2 bottles per person. Had to get both my sisters to go in and pick me some up. A few bottles waiting for me to return home to in a couple of weeks!

17 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

1.99 a bottle in New Stevenston post office, one per person.

It's nice, but not 1.99 a bottle nice. Hope they make it in cans.

2 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Wee shop on Barnes St in Whitecrook is selling it, rationed to 2 bottles per person. Had to get both my sisters to go in and pick me some up. A few bottles waiting for me to return home to in a couple of weeks!

1 and 2 bottles per customer really!? :lol:

1 minute ago, C. Muir said:

1 and 2 bottles per customer really!? :lol:

I assume they are worried that some folk will stockpile it and sell it on at a profit. They'll want to do that themselves when they get towards the end of their stocks...

Spanked a bottle at lunch. Can't deny im fucked off Barrs took it away only to re-release at Christmas and create a mad hype that's driven me to buy three bottles at £2.30 a pop, but by f**k did I finish that first one in about two minutes. Glorious.