Irn Bru

1 minute ago, Torpar said:

Genuine question as I've been away for 5 year, how does the sugar content in Irn Bru sold in Canada compare to Scotland? Is it this similar to the old recipe?

Irn Bru.jpg

I don't think it is, I think the genuine stuff (certainly the cans) were 33% sugar.  For a 500ml bottle like that to indicate 17% sugar would make me think its in line with the crap stuff.

Just now, pub car king said:

Here theres a thought is foreign bru the old stuff just made somewhere else? I know Russia sell tonnes of it and they wont give a f**k about sugar tax. 

In another slight derailment of the thread why is it that some "juice" you buy from cheaper shops tastes better but other stuff tastes worse?  I asked the other half to bring me coke cola home the other day.  She bought it from Home Bargains who clearly source it from Lithuania or somewhere in that region.  

It was very very good.  Hard to explain but the fizziness/sugar balance was just perfect whereas you can buy Coke from B+M/Tesco or wherever that seems like you've bought a poor imitation even though its genuine.

48 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Genuine question as I've been away for 5 year, how does the sugar content in Irn Bru sold in Canada compare to Scotland? Is it this similar to the old recipe?

Irn Bru.jpg

46 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I don't think it is, I think the genuine stuff (certainly the cans) were 33% sugar.  For a 500ml bottle like that to indicate 17% sugar would make me think its in line with the crap stuff.

Wrong, thats proper gear.  Original recipe Bru had 34g of sugar per 330ml, a 500ml bottle would contain 52g.

On 03/07/2019 at 10:50, pub car king said:

Anyone tried the new energy one? There are  rumblings of the original phenominal taste

This post inspired me to try it today.  Just tastes of Red Bull with a hint of some form of Irn Bru to me, nothing resembling the original.

You owe me £1.10    

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

This post inspired me to try it today.  Just tastes of Red Bull with a hint of some form of Irn Bru to me, nothing resembling the original.

You owe me £1.10    

I'm afraid pub car king is dead you need to speak with "the pub car king newco" 

In Spain, only the new stuff available. 

I generally drink Extra at home but thought I would give a can of the new stuff a go. Been wondering what the fuss was, thinking it must be like the original recipe really......... 

it was bogging. Properly weird tasting compared to the original or extra versions. Fucking sort it Barrs. 

Real stuff was easily available in Dubai in March this year, this surely means they have a production line producing the decent gear?

If a barrel of old receipe Irn Bru is worth more than oil, then those boys (who have the UK wrapped around their finger) will be using their weight and selling it over there. 

I bet our own government has its fair share of it, piped away into one of those secret cathedral sized tanks they have hidden all over the place. Probably the last chance saloon Indyref2 bribe when they announce the phenomenal discovery of a 100 million barrel Irn Bru field under the cavernous Peak District.

'Irn-Bru workers' cruising around Macclesfield in Porsches and the occasional MacLaren, as a research boom in an attempt to perfect 'Iron Brew' gives an economic boost to other areas.

On 05/07/2019 at 18:22, Hedgecutter said:

You owe me £1.10    

Come here to post this nearly word for word except I'm now owed £1.19.

I've just acquired a glass bottle of the original goodness, and I'm pretty excited about it.

I drink the new stuff, I don't enjoy it as much, but it's still better than anything else. However, I'm worried my taste buds will reject their former love. If that happens, I might end it all. What's the point in longing for the past, then when you receive exactly what you've longed for so long for, it wasn't what you desired.

Don't let it be....

I pledge right now, that if they were to re-release the original recipe, even at a slightly higher price, I won't mock or say we warned you this would happen.

I will however drink enough on a daily basis to give myself enough diabetes to require the removal of one or both legs.

Your move, Barrs.

37 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I pledge right now, that if they were to re-release the original recipe, even at a slightly higher price, I won't mock or say we warned you this would happen.

I will however drink enough on a daily basis to give myself enough diabetes to require the removal of one or both legs.

Your move, Barrs.

I echo this. Hearing of their struggles has been incredibly satisfying for me.