Irn Bru

On 3/24/2019 at 20:22, Archie McSquackle said:

They're still there so either they've got a massive stockpile or people aren't quite that desperate. Probably out of date now.

I had what will probably be my last ever can of the old recipe yesterday- absolutely delightful. Went to help my parents at their holiday home and there was a can at the bottom of the fridge as they don't drink it and it had been forgotten about!20190324_153140.jpg

I walked by there today.  Was tempted.

I'm down to my last 4 cans in the house

On 24/03/2019 at 22:08, MONKMAN said:

The problem with new Bru is that people are drinking it even though they know it’s shite. Barr won’t see a knock on effect for a while so there’s probably no chance of ever getting that sweet orange elixir again.

I pretty much ignore Irn-Bru now. Cherry Pepsi Max or Coke Zero for me now. Used to never turn my nose up at a can of Bru. I'll buy it very rarely, then feel dirty.

Had a can of the good stuff on Saturday, followed shortly after by the new stuff. It's even worse than I realised.

Got about 16 good cans left - dated June. Pretty much a Sunday treat now as I now have weekends off for the first time and, like a child, I can't stop myself getting pished on a Saturday. My dad threw some out before Christmas as no one drinks it there now and it was out of date. I was raging :lol:

2 hours ago, jamieson87 said:

I'd imagine a lot of that would be stocking up on the old recipe while it was still readily available in the first part of the year.  It wasn't until after the summer it really disappeared from the shelves, so I'd be amazed if this year didn't show a drop in sales this year compared to last.  

As I've said before, boy who owns my local roll shop said it's gone from his top drink to selling very little in the space of a couple of months.  I'd imagine there's shops up and down the country saying the same.

It would be scandalous is Coke became the biggest soft drink in Scotland because Irn Bru cut the sugar what was the margin the Bru held over Coke is it likely to be a win for the red tin?

18 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

It would be scandalous is Coke became the biggest soft drink in Scotland because Irn Bru cut the sugar what was the margin the Bru held over Coke is it likely to be a win for the red tin?

Sugar tax & min alcohol pricing. Just waiting on a chippy tax & then I'm away.

Guest bernardblack

In hindsight the amount of sugar in the original recipe was pretty frightening.

I would’ve quite easily polished off a two litre in one day after a night out

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think the sugar tax was the only Westminster petition to take effect.

Knowing Sarge I'm guessing that was a joke about a petition for me to leave the country.

I might be wrong.