Irn Bru

7 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
52 minutes ago, Dee Man said:
I've not tried the new stuff but is it that much of a difference that fans will abandon it or will they just adapt to the new taste?
Anyone here that won't be buying it again?

I tried my best not to. I really did, did a wee stint of not having any. Then had a can and thought yeah was alright as I missed the old stuff ( yeah f**k you bitches who gets the old stuff) however I am now back to drinking the new stuff. However I am drinking less as I've been attempting to put on weight. I've 3 cans left so after that will either decide enough is enough or will cave in a buy a 24 pack.

Just want you to know, you’re the reason they won’t change back.

f**k you.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

We were already at the end, waiting on a mega slow c**t.

Recent dunt to the head?

No c**t had mentioned replacing the sugar with sweeteners. They could've just dropped the sugar levels for all the information, or lack of, that I was being drip fed. I would've been quicker flying direct to Barrs in Cumbernauld and asking them to their faces. 

And another thing, how does one know if one has one of the new recipe cans? I've got one in my fridge to give to an eager workmate tomorrow and I want to know if it's the original or not so I can blame the change in recipe if he spits it back on my face after me talking it up to him. 

No c**t had mentioned replacing the sugar with sweeteners. They could've just dropped the sugar levels for all the information, or lack of, that I was being drip fed. I would've been quicker flying direct to Barrs in Cumbernauld and asking them to their faces. 
And another thing, how does one know if one has one of the new recipe cans? I've got one in my fridge to give to an eager workmate tomorrow and I want to know if it's the original or not so I can blame the change in recipe if he spits it back on my face after me talking it up to him. 
Original can. 39% RDA sugar. New, 19%.

Get out of this thread you fucking amateur

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Original can. 39% RDA sugar. New, 19%.

Get out of this thread you fucking amateur

No percentages of RDA's on these imported cans. Grams of sugar per 330ml please. 

And another thing, is there caffeine in it? Word on the street here from fellow Scots is that imported foodstuffs can't contain caffeine. 

20190208_020919.jpg

25 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

No percentages of RDA's on these imported cans. Grams of sugar per 330ml please. 

And another thing, is there caffeine in it? Word on the street here from fellow Scots is that imported foodstuffs can't contain caffeine. 

20190208_020919.jpg

That's the good stuff,  new recipe has Aspartame in it.

10 hours ago, ah-dee said:

the new recipes probably not made it to Australia yet. get stockpiling Dee Man you can retire soon!

That's exactly what I was thinking. There will be containers full sitting in docks somewhere and they'll be the last batch. 

• 1 month later...
Noticed the News24 shop across the road from Central station is selling old recipe Bru for £4 a can.

My stocktake after the festive season sees me with about 40 cans left.
They're still there so either they've got a massive stockpile or people aren't quite that desperate. Probably out of date now.

I had what will probably be my last ever can of the old recipe yesterday- absolutely delightful. Went to help my parents at their holiday home and there was a can at the bottom of the fridge as they don't drink it and it had been forgotten about!20190324_153140.jpg

1 hour ago, Archie McSquackle said:

They're still there so either they've got a massive stockpile or people aren't quite that desperate. Probably out of date now.

I had what will probably be my last ever can of the old recipe yesterday- absolutely delightful. Went to help my parents at their holiday home and there was a can at the bottom of the fridge as they don't drink it and it had been forgotten about!20190324_153140.jpg

Can’t imagine they’ll sell too many. My cans go out of date in July, but I’m sure they’ll last longer than that. 

If you dont want them I can take them off your hands.

I'm nice like that

I was down to my last crate of 24, but I’ve been promised another, so that’s almost 50 cans of delicious sugary Bru. I’m sure they’ll see me through.

The problem with new Bru is that people are drinking it even though they know it’s shite. Barr won’t see a knock on effect for a while so there’s probably no chance of ever getting that sweet orange elixir again.

As a confessor of said crimes, you need to take a long hard look to see where the problem lies. It’s you G-Man, you and your like are the problem.

I was down to my last crate of 24, but I’ve been promised another, so that’s almost 50 cans of delicious sugary Bru. I’m sure they’ll see me through.

The problem with new Bru is that people are drinking it even though they know it’s shite. Barr won’t see a knock on effect for a while so there’s probably no chance of ever getting that sweet orange elixir again.

As a confessor of said crimes, you need to take a long hard look to see where the problem lies. It’s you G-Man, you and your like are the problem.
Barr have had profits since they ditched the good stuff, that's the problem. I have 2 cans left with a June date on them. Waiting on a decent reason to have them. Tried the new stuff last week and it was awful. Just awful.

Irn-Bru maker AG Barr shrugged off the sugar tax and other challenges last year to post a rise in sales.

Revenue grew by 5.6% to £279m at the Cumbernauld-based soft drinks firm, whose brands include Rubicon, Tizer and Strathmore.

The company saw pre-tax profit fall slightly to £44.5m for the year to 26 January, after taking a one-off pension service charge.

Stripping out exceptional items, profits were up 2.5%, at £45.2m.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-47707116