Irn Bru

4 hours ago, Snafu said:

Tried the new Iron bru for the first time and it will be my last. sigh! Its not life changing but it narrows the options on what to wash a fish supper down with. I think Pepsi and 7UP are still full on sugar.

Another thing that I haven't seen mentioned yet is about mixers. Vodka and Sugarless Iron Bru, that really isn't going to work is it?

Vodka and Irn Bru is stinking anyway.

Spot on. Irn Bru's only failing is it does not go at all with alcohol of any kind.
Controversially, I have never liked the taste of it when hungover either. Thus, I have never rated it as a hangover cure.

Oh god I miss it so much. Havent seen a 39%er in so long.

4 hours ago, Donathan said:

Has anyone tried just manually adding a teaspoon bag of sugar to the new stuff?

ftfy mate.

Good point though.

Haven't 'seen' the new full-fat recipe down here (if there is one) only sugar free, which is a bit nasty and extra which isn't that bad. Certainly drinkable.

14 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:
17 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

99 cans in my cupboard.

ETA... sorry there’s 96 in my cupboard and 3 in the fridge.

If France win the world cup I might just buy them off you

I was just about to post that suggestion on the Sweepie thread  :lol:

On 06/07/2018 at 14:58, Donathan said:

Has anyone tried just manually adding a teaspoon of sugar to the new stuff?

No because the vile sweeteners will still be in it. All you'll get is an even sweeter drink with a nasty aftertaste. 

Getting fucking fed up of walking up and down the drinks aisle in the Co-op looking for an alternative when I know fine well that there is none.  That said, I recently discovered Apple Tango which is ace but not sold in the local shops.  Will need to stock up at the next opportunity.  Still, every other drink is pish in comparison.

I wonder at at which point the sales figures are disasterous enough that they are forced to revert to the original recipe?  God I miss a glass bottle/can 

• 2 weeks later...

Was at my brothers earlier and we had 2 cans each. Afterwards, he announced he had 10 cases left, that’s 240 cans, 34g of sugary goodness original Bru.

A quick stocktake on arrival home confirms I have 91 cans left.

On 19/07/2018 at 10:03, G_Man1985 said:
On 18/07/2018 at 21:38, MONKMAN said:
Was at my brothers earlier and we had 2 cans each. Afterwards, he announced he had 10 cases left, that’s 240 cans, 34g of sugary goodness original Bru.

A quick stocktake on arrival home confirms I have 91 cans left.

Mods can we ban this c**t please

If there are any of the shrink wrapped 6 packs left when I pass by farmfoods, I'll send you some up :lol:

• 4 weeks later...