Irn Bru

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately it looks like Barrs masterplan may be paying off.

A colleague in work who strongly detested the new Irn Bru and refused to drink it has now confessed to having a couple of cans at the weekend and not being able to tell the difference.

It's now been at least 6 weeks since I had a real Bru and I'm getting a bit fed up with Coca Cola.

Also noticing more and more places not even bothering to stock full sugar drinks and this is pissing me off even more.

Unfortunately it looks like Barrs masterplan may be paying off.
A colleague in work who strongly detested the new Irn Bru and refused to drink it has now confessed to having a couple of cans at the weekend and not being able to tell the difference.
It's now been at least 6 weeks since I had a real Bru and I'm getting a bit fed up with Coca Cola.
Also noticing more and more places not even bothering to stock full sugar drinks and this is pissing me off even more.

We did the Irn Bru taste test thing at Cairnie Fruit Farm the other day. I couldn’t tell the difference but it’s been ages since I had Irn Bru so it’s a poor frame of reference. Sister in law has a PhD in Chemistry and she says she can definitely tell the difference and it’s not for the better.

I had a can of ginger beer the other day. I wasn’t a fan of that with sweeteners.

Had a can of Lilt recently and it still tastes ok even though it presumably had sweetener in it too.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

Sister in law has a PhD in Chemistry and she says she can definitely tell the difference and it’s not for the better.

:lol: What the f**k difference does that make? Getting a PhD doesn't improve your tastebuds.

:lol: What the f**k difference does that make? Getting a PhD doesn't improve your tastebuds.

I was thinking more along the lines of knowing what the various ingredients do. Maybe that makes her think she can taste a difference.

Loads left in Lincoln.

Got 20  x  £1 pmp 2 litre bottles when my Asian newsagent went to the cash and carry. Gave him £25 so everyone's a winner.

Thank You Gem

Kind Regards

Cheers and That.

Edited by LincolnHearts

My stash has gone and the funky shops I relied on have run dry.

Full sugar soft drinks are being stamped out for example inenjoy vanilla coke bit that's now diet only, if you go to somewhere like pizza hut you can only have diet.

This is fucking bullshit I've been alive nearly 40 years i want the choice between sugar and shitty cancer inducing sweeteners.

11 hours ago, pub car king said:

My stash has gone and the funky shops I relied on have run dry.

Full sugar soft drinks are being stamped out for example inenjoy vanilla coke bit that's now diet only, if you go to somewhere like pizza hut you can only have diet.

This is fucking bullshit I've been alive nearly 40 years i want the choice between sugar and shitty cancer inducing sweeteners.

As long as Coke stays the same I can handle it, but almost every other brand has changed to a shitey sweetener based flavour, it’s revolting. Nowhere is allowed to do free refills now either unless you have diet which is another kick in the balls.

If Coke ever changes the recipe I might have a full blown heads gone.

I also still have about 90 cans of old Bru.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

As long as Coke stays the same I can handle it, but almost every other brand has changed to a shitey sweetener based flavour, it’s revolting. Nowhere is allowed to do free refills now either unless you have diet which is another kick in the balls.

If Coke ever changes the recipe I might have a full blown heads gone.

I also still have about 90 cans of old Bru.

I was at Nandos last night and they're still offering unlimited refills on full sugar Coke.  Only 20 pence more than the unlimited diet (and shite) options.

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

I was at Nandos last night and they're still offering unlimited refills on full sugar Coke.  Only 20 pence more than the unlimited diet (and shite) options.

Interesting, I was told in another (lying b*****d) restaurant that they had to remove their unlimited refill offer due to the sugar tax.