Irn Bru

8 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Just discovered that the vending machine in my office still contains old recipe. Would it look weird to bring in a tenner and buy every single can one after another?

In fact, I don’t care, I’ll probably do it anyway.

Would it look a bit weird? Maybe.

Would it be absolutely worth it? Definitely. 

Get it done, brother. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Would it look a bit weird? Maybe.

Would it be absolutely worth it? Definitely. 

Get it done, brother. 

It’s near the exit so might just bring in the coins tomorrow and as I’m leaving causally buy 10 cans, slip them into my bag and run.

A Bru heist, of sorts.

3 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

What difference does it make? It can indirectly trigger the activation of cancer cells within the body. "Diet" isn't the health beneficiary that it's sold as.

Your original comment just came across as rather lazy and unfair.  There's arguably a stronger link between the particular types of carbohydrates used in sugary drinks (e.g. old recipe Irn Bru) and cancer, yet you let the sugar part slide but demonised the aspartame in the same sentence.  That's the difference.

As for the idea of a 'diet' version, for many it can reduce their risk of cancer by fending off obesity, something that has actually been strongly proven to be the biggest preventable cause of cancer (I'm sure you've seen the adverts).  This is in sharp contrast to any 'it might your immune system' whataboutery.

44 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Apologies for not scrolling through but how do I tell the difference?

I saw it was 32g compared to 16g for a can. But what about bigger bottles?

It's gone down from 10.3g to 4.7g per 100ml, hence:

Bottles:

Bru.JPG.12205100f69c6d5f306acf5d84eb8ea9.JPG

As for the cans (new vs old below) - don't be fooled by the 'red rating' on the new ones (in contrast to the orange bit on the bottle above):

IRN-BRU309JPG.jpg

Edited by Hedgecutter

The wee shop near me in Alloa Road Stenhousemuir is selling original recipe Irn Bru by the case just now. It's like some Soviet Union black market trader that has got a consignment of Levis.

I've seen people buying 3 cases at a time.  The owner was telling me the Sun are going to do a story about it because it's one of the few places selling it. £14 for 24 cans.  I don't drink it myself but a heads up for anyone in the area that likes it.

The wee shop near me in Alloa Road Stenhousemuir is selling original recipe Irn Bru by the case just now. It's like some Soviet Union black market trader that has got a consignment of Levis.
I've seen people buying 3 cases at a time.  The owner was telling me the Sun are going to do a story about it because it's one of the few places selling it. £14 for 24 cans.  I don't drink it myself but a heads up for anyone in the area that likes it.

Noted!

Was down in Biggar last Friday night. Bought a can of Bru for the drive home. Realised it was full sugar and went back in and bought more.

My missus was fuming as I handed her a bag with 12 single cans.

I asked the owner of my local corner shop if he had any cans of the good stuff remaining, to which he said he was going to the cash and carry that night and would try and get some of it for me. I wasn't holding out much hope, but I discovered tonight that he has successfully bought in crates of the good stuff. 

V. v. dece.