Irn Bru

Having not seen any in weeks I have just purchased a 6x500ml bottle pack of the original Irn Bru from a Co-op in a location I won't disclose other than to say it's in Lanarkshire.

Saw the packs with the newer yellow sugar warning of 13% of daily intake per 250ml then spotted packs underneath with the red warning of 29% & my eyes lit up - £2.99 per pack [emoji3]

Had my first dabble with ‘New’ Bru today...

Heartbreaking how obviously different tasting it is. I see no point in them continuing to make Irn Bru Extra as they just taste the same.

It reminds me of really shit coke (the drug not the fizzy drink) in the way it leaves you completely unfulfilled but yet still going back for more in the hopes that it will get you somewhere.

It reminds me of really shit coke (the drug not the fizzy drink) in the way it leaves you completely unfulfilled but yet still going back for more in the hopes that it will get you somewhere.

I don’t drink much fizzy stuff but I definitely won’t be purchasing more Bru unless I stumble across the old stuff.

On ‎29‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 14:29, The Moonster said:

I did wonder if Barr's would've been better advised just to change the recipe and say f**k all about it (insert Mark McGhee "is that allowed?" pic here). My brother isn't a big fan of onions but my mum has been slipping them into his food without him noticing for about 10 years, I see no reason why Barr's couldn't pull a similar trick.

I'll try a blind test and see if I can taste a difference, if I taste the difference then I'll just stop drinking it. I only have 1 can maximum a day anyway so I'm really not that arsed. I do think they could've left it as it was though and maybe brought out another Irn Bru to this less sugary recipe, thus giving the choice to the consumer.

If they started slipping onions into Irn Bru, I think you'd notice pdq.

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

A good point!

Contained within the first two lines, even:

The maker of Irn Bru has reported its sharpest annual rise in sales of the soft drink, up by 8%.

AG Barr issued its figures for the year to January

Of course the headline is nonsense, but "Irn Bru sales go up as people stockpile before a pointless recipe change ruins it forever" isn't as snappy, and Barr probably wouldn't like the fact that the truth hurts.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Does it, aye?

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Could just be people rushing to buy the old stock before it runs out.

I certainly bought much more than usual, simply to make the most of the old stuff while I could. 

This is almost certainly in the pipeline:

Stock-Market-Crash-Graph-Public-Domain-7

Edited by Hedgecutter

As devastating as this whole situation is, it's heartwarming to see the level of frothing, vile abuse they are receiving any time they dare post another one of their shitey ads on Facebook (mostly from me tbf).