Irn Bru

29 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Can you guess what is thread for pish, please.
Ps, irn bru.

<_<

Correct though, see below....

58 minutes ago, taurus said:

Got it . Your secrets safe

Happy to help.  There's another strange code on the can if that helps further:

Capture1.JPG.d1645fb3f7c318ec9515ef7ae88a3d0e.JPG

Highland Brew, and the Girders stuff, left a horrible after taste in your mouth.

I remember I was invited into a back room at a show by Rolf Harris and they only had Girders. I asked what it tasted like, as I hadn’t sampled it at the time, and old Rolf put a blindfold on me, told me to open my mouth and then fired a big load of the fake Irn Bru in.

Tasted ok at the time but horrible a few seconds later.

Right, serious hot-off-the-press office lunchtime science:

I had a bottle of the original and a bottle of the new brew, both varieties given to 5* academics in unlabelled glasses.  On a blind tasting, 80% of participants correctly identified the original from the new brew.  60% thought there was a marked difference (one going as far as calling the new stuff "disgusting"), the remaining 40% thinking there wasn't much in it.

So there you go, peer-reviewed evidence that most people think that the new receipe is shite.

*Ignore the statistically invalid sample number here btw and just remember that "statistics are like mini-skirts.  They give you good ideas but hide the important things" - Ebbe Skovdahl

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, Pars fan said:

Anyone who thinks the new stuff tastes decent is a beast. It's really that simple.

Today my daughter said she'll never buy it again as it's disgusting, she suggested that Barrs might have shown a huge amount of billybigbaws arrogance when taking their decision.

Edited by ayrmad

Today my daughter said she'll never buy it again as it's disgusting, she suggested that Barrs might have shown a huge amount of billybigbaws arrogance when taking their decision.
Your daughter knows the script. Barrs will bring out the original stuff again but the damage has been done.

It does originally come from Falkirk so I guess it was only a matter of time before they fucked it up.

I had a bottle of the new stuff today and didn't notice much difference from the old recipe however it was definitely flatter and less gassy. There's definitely a more noticeable difference when you're drinking it from a can though.