The Irn Bru recipe change is about to happen. People are stockpiling on the good stuff and a petition has been started to stop the change, a change which will see the sugar replaced with some vile sweetener.

Are you stockpiling Irn Bru for the future?

Is it all a sham and we’ll still get to drink our beloved drink as it is?

Do you think it will taste the same anyway and you’re not concerned?

Or are you currently freaking the f**k out?

It was on the BBC new, Scottish and national.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-42565363

Personally I prefer the diet stuff (same with any juice/ginger/pop) as I find 'full fat' too sweet. Unless I'm hanging out my hoop then full fat 'Jock juice' is the very ticket. 

First I've heard today.
I need to go sit down n have myself a can.

What if it never tastes the same ever again? #prayforG

Need to adjust life and like the way of life maybe need to move on

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:
9 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Need to adjust life and like the way of life maybe need to move on

There's always Moray Cup.......

Nothing like this fuss about killing off Moray Cup for good. A wee change in recipe, aww bless.

p.s. bit slow then.

Edited by welshbairn

TBF to Barrs, they must have spent a few quid on development.

The 'old' sugar free Irn-Bru was rank, but the new Xtra isn't bad at all.

Was close to assaulting Mrs LH when she brought home some own brand Iron Brew from Morrisons.

All their other versions of it have been shite.  If Its anything like that xtra stuff ill be by with it. 

'The whole point of this country is if you want to eat garbage, balloon up to 600 pounds and die of a heart attack at 43, you can! You are free to do so. To me, that's beautiful.'

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Xtra is fucking disgusting. Tastes nothing like Irn Bru and standard Diet, whilst pish compared to the real deal, is much better.

Can't drink the sugar-free Bairnardo. Even down here when the proper stuff and Xtra is sold out, there is always sugar-free left.

I had a taste of the Xtra a while ago, and it was absolutely rank rotten. Genuinely one of the worst drinks I have ever had the misfortune of trying. 

They're between a rock and a hard place. While sugar is certainly less damaging to the human body than the artificial shite in the diet stuff, there is the equivalent of eight teaspoonfuls of sugar per can. That's actually shocking and needs to be addressed as a matter of urgency. I normally prefer the educational route myself, but sometimes a harder line needs to be taken...

Torn between being worried that it will taste too different (diet and Xtra are horrible as discussed above), and being semi-convinced that this is a cynical manufactured outrage marketing ploy by Barr's to drive panic sales and get their product in the news etc by subtly exploiting their status as 'Scotland's national soft drink'. 

I’m tempted to ask hedgecutter where Gman lives (he’ll even tell me what bus to get), stealing his stash (it’s no doubt plentiful after Christmas) and selling it back to him at a premium. Anyone wanting in needs to put in cash up front but I will split the takings.