Cowden v City

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, wulliemc said:

What is wrong with Malcolm. Big loss not having him today.

Malcolm had a hamstring strain after the Montrose game and failed a fitness test today. Better missing 1 game than playing and possibly making it worse and being out for ages.

8 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

Beyond poor performance today, we offer absolute nothing going forward, 2 edinburgh centre backs never broke a sweat for 90 minutes . Back to the drawing board for Bollan

Bit harsh on Bollan he had both Buchanan, our top scorer, and Malcolm missing today both have played a big part in our recent results.

He told the press guys that he tried to sign someone yesterday but missed out to another club and is working on bringing players in.

There wasn't much in the game but City took their chances and therefore deserved the win. The result against Berwick couldn't have come at a worse time for us as they came into today with a bit of confidence.

We missed Malcolm in midfielder and his replacement, Fotheringham, struggled. Garden came on at half time but Muirhead was the bigger threat so it seemed a strange decision to take Cammy off when he did.

I missed you guys being on the terracing- it adds to the atmosphere. You tried your best from the back of the stand but it wasn't the same. 

A decent mince pie, the best programme in the division (after ours before the Editor belts me) and an old wooden stand that feels much warmer than concrete and steel- you know, I think I might just miss you guys if the worst ever happens and you go down... 

see what happens when City get two wins on the bounce, I get all generous and warm..!

Worst performance in a while.

the 4-1-4-1 we set up with is so negative. We go into each game trying to keep it tight and draw , occasionally nicking a goal.

shows how big a miss Malcolm is (and Buchanan) as miller and Mullen were a very ineffective midfield pairing. 

As bad as we have been and yet there wasn’t much in the game which days a lot about City.

8 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

the 4-1-4-1 we set up with is so negative. We go into each game trying to keep it tight and draw , occasionally nicking a goal.

shows how big a miss Malcolm is (and Buchanan) as miller and Mullen were a very ineffective midfield pairing. 

As and as we have been and yet there wasn’t much in the game which days a lot about City.

Malcolm is the best player we have by some way. How on earth are we going to catch City when we have no one, apart from Buchanan, who can score.  It’s all very well having players with “promise”  but they aren’ t delivering.

After all the encouraging signs in recent games. we are stuck in a rut, big time.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Malcolm is the best player we have by some way. How on earth are we going to catch City when we have no one, apart from Buchanan, who can score.  It’s all very well having players with “promise”  but they aren’ t delivering.

After all the encouraging signs in recent games. we are stuck in a rut, big time.

Malcolm really drives the midfield on my heart sunk when I seen him fail the fitness test. Hopefully GB will be able to get some if not all of his signing targets.

1 hour ago, 1GregStewart said:

As and as we have been and yet there wasn’t much in the game which days a lot about City.

Worse thing you can do is lose a goal to City as we seen yesterday they just pack their defence out and hit teams on the break punting the ball to Shepherd, not nice on the eye but it has got them six points this week.

Shepherd looks quite good for them can see him scoring quite a few goals by the end of the season.

12 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Bit harsh on Bollan he had both Buchanan, our top scorer, and Malcolm missing today both have played a big part in our recent results.

He told the press guys that he tried to sign someone yesterday but missed out to another club and is working on bringing players in.

The missing of Blairs quality clearly showed yesterday  but we mustn't rely on one player as the team should have pulled together as a unit yesterday  where a win was absolutely vital. 

Bollan can hopefully bring in some experience to help us get out of this current horrible predicament we find ourselves in. 

The players will need to up their game 100% in terms of effort and performance  from  yesterday's display   and find the form that they have been capable of since Bollan took charge. 

I wonder if Bollan tried to sign Ian Black who has opted for Tranent as he would be an excellent central Midfielder at this level. 

Poor performance yesterday and really missed Malcolm and Buchanan.

edinburgh have improved tho. Not pretty to watch but they pack the defence and hit on the break.

we still have two or three spaces for loans but they will need to be good ones now.

where was the child molester yesterday ? Have Edinburgh discovered some morals and sacked him ?

9 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

The missing of Blairs quality clearly showed yesterday  but we mustn't rely on one player as the team should have pulled together as a unit yesterday  where a win was absolutely vital. 

Bollan can hopefully bring in some experience to help us get out of this current horrible predicament we find ourselves in. 

The players will need to up their game 100% in terms of effort and performance  from  yesterday's display   and find the form that they have been capable of since Bollan took charge. 

I wonder if Bollan tried to sign Ian Black who has opted for Tranent as he would be an excellent central Midfielder at this level. 

Your right we shouldn't have to rely on one player but he has been the driving force in our midfield since he came to us, hopefully he won't be out too long.

12 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

edinburgh have improved tho. Not pretty to watch but they pack the defence and hit on the break.

we still have two or three spaces for loans but they will need to be good ones now.

where was the child molester yesterday ? Have Edinburgh discovered some morals and sacked him ?

Scott Shepherd seems a decent signing for them and will score a few goals, defence is stuffy and effective.

You can find my match report and player ratings on the link below, which I produced yesterday on behalf of The Sunday Mail. Hopefully it is accurate enough but happy to receive any feedback. 

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2018/01/07/cowden-go-6-adrift-as-city-get-vital-victory/

In general, I thought it was a poor game lacking quality but EC were clinical right before HT which made all the difference. 

There wasn't a lot between the teams so I wouldn't say Cowdenbeath should be overly concerned yet but it is certainly a big result for both clubs, IMO. 

We do seem to have settled on a shape and game plan now so that's nice. In terms of Thomson, he's not been in the squad for the last 2 games (our 2 best results of the season) with no explanation I'm aware of. No secret what I thought of the signing but even taking that aside he's been no where near worth a place in the side. Would love to think I'll never see him in a City jersey again

18 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:
2 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

We do seem to have settled on a shape and game plan now so that's nice. In terms of Thomson, he's not been in the squad for the last 2 games (our 2 best results of the season) with no explanation I'm aware of. No secret what I thought of the signing but even taking that aside he's been no where near worth a place in the side. Would love to think I'll never see him in a City jersey again

Thomson must be one of your players the manager was commenting about not being available for the Berwick game in the Evening News. 

Thomson must be one of your players the manager was commenting about not being available for the Berwick game in the Evening News. 
Aye that seems likely. Should say I have no insider info here

6 minutes ago, AllyMonc said:
13 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye that seems likely. Should say I have no insider info here

He seemed pissed off with quite a few of them in that article!

We played well in the first half, and looked the more likely side - streets ahead of the last game I saw (against Elgin City at CP, when it was dire, unwatchable, headless chicken stuff.) GB deserves credit for improving the style of play and the team morale. I actually thought Fotheringham was decent yesterday, despite not being fully fit, using the ball well and bossing the players. Then we gave away two cheap goals in succession - lethal given how much was at stake. (I was disappointed that one of the best players in the squad, David Syme, was kept on the bench till the last five minutes.) What was glaringly obvious was the lack of strength further up the pitch. Cammy is talented, but he needs someone muscular to play off - a kind of Kris Renton figure who gives opposing defenders no peace.  (Can we afford such a signing - but can we afford not to have one if we are to stay in the league?) GB is an experienced campaigner who knows the  lower leagues well and will know what/who he needs.  The players are obviously playing for the manager; three or four decent signings in the window plus the return of Robbie and Malcolm are what we badly need.

Archived