Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cowdenbeath

Cowden v City

Recommended Posts

Covers  just been put down so game should be ok for Saturday. Pitch looked fine but apparently a chance of frost on Friday night. Well done to the guys who helped out:)

Is Scott Shepherd's loan been extended for City I believe it was due to run on on 3rd January according to an article in the programme the last time we met at Ainslie Park.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm covering this one for the Sunday Mail on Saturday and I'm looking forward to it. 

This should be a really interesting game. CowdenbeathVo have slowly progressed under Bollan while Edinburgh City have picked up of late too, with a great victory on Saturday against Berwick. 

Any particular players I should look out for from either team? I've not saw Cowden since their defeat at home to Elgin (Ovenstone's last match in charge as interim boss) and I've not seen EC at all this season so I'm looking forward to seeing how both sides shape up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dafcburty said:

I'm covering this one for the Sunday Mail on Saturday and I'm looking forward to it. 

This should be a really interesting game. CowdenbeathVo have slowly progressed under Bollan while Edinburgh City have picked up of late too, with a great victory on Saturday against Berwick. 

Any particular players I should look out for from either team? I've not saw Cowden since their defeat at home to Elgin (Ovenstone's last match in charge as interim boss) and I've not seen EC at all this season so I'm looking forward to seeing how both sides shape up. 

Blair Malcolm has done well for Cowden since coming in on loan from Ross County, Harvey Swann has also been doing well as have the whole team since GB came in a big difference since your last game.

For City Shepherd scored 2 on Tuesday while El Alagui , Walker and Laird are decent players who have played at a higher level.

Before anyone else says it was Tuesday they beat Berwick.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

Huge game, defeat would leave us 6 adrift at bottom.

We will have to play very well as there just aren’t many goals in our team.

Would agree with that. Apart from Tuesday City haven't had much goals in them either will be interesting to see if Shepherd has had his loan extended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Blair Malcolm has done well for Cowden since coming in on loan from Ross County, Harvey Swann has also been doing well as have the whole team since GB came in a big difference since your last game.

For City Shepherd scored 2 on Tuesday while El Alagui , Walker and Laird are decent players who have played at a higher level.

Before anyone else says it was Tuesday they beat Berwick.

Thanks for that, I'll certainly be intrigued to see if Swann impresses. I've saw him a couple of times and he seems to have a bit of potential. I also think Cameron Muirhead has got something about him too. 

For City, you're right, they've got a reasonably experienced spine with Antell, Garcia Tena, Walker / Laird and then El Alagui. Compliment these guys by promising young guys like Stuart Morrison and Scott Shephard and you must think they have a good chance of winning matches. It'll certainly be interesting to see how they fair in tbis match; I'm really looking forward to it!

5 minutes ago, peternapper said:

When is the appeal for the guy sent off at Balmoor held?

Hearings are generally heard on a Thursday so I'm guessing it would've been heard today at some point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dafcburty said:

Thanks for that, I'll certainly be intrigued to see if Swann impresses. I've saw him a couple of times and he seems to have a bit of potential. I also think Cameron Muirhead has got something about him too. 

For City, you're right, they've got a reasonably experienced spine with Antell, Garcia Tena, Walker / Laird and then El Alagui. Compliment these guys by promising young guys like Stuart Morrison and Scott Shephard and you must think they have a good chance of winning matches. It'll certainly be interesting to see how they fair in tbis match; I'm really looking forward to it!

Hearings are generally heard on a Thursday so I'm guessing it would've been heard today at some point. 

Forgot to mention Garcia Tena! Aye as you say they have quite an experienced squad.

I always thought Swann had a decent chance of doing something when I watched him playing for our under 19 and 20 sides same with Cammy.  Both would probably be interesting players for you to interview if you still do that for your website, both local boys as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:


Appeal was rejected

Fair enough, did not see the incident at the time but its not often they don't back the ref involved, rightly or wrongly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fair enough, did not see the incident at the time but its not often they don't back the ref involved, rightly or wrongly.

The issue is that you have to prove that the referee made an obvious error not just that he made an error or may have made an error. In essence, it is a guilty until proved innocent situation - that an appeal is allowed was a concession to remedy obvious mistakes. I think it's fair enough - referee has a difficult job and I am no lover of all this VAR stuff coming in which is money driven largely. You can of course have the player's ban extended if you submit a frivolous appeal - usually done to allow a player to play in a vital match before the ban is enforced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the first time in a long time, I'm actually really looking forward to a Cowdenbeath game. We should be confident but after a good win a few days ago, EC eill also feel a bit more optimistic.

Will the crowd break 400? Will Harvey Swan up the left wing and score a screamer? Will Robbie Buchanan be deployed as a ballboy after we take the lead in the 80th minute? Will Craig Thompson keep his hands to himself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See City have signed Liam Henderson on a permanent basis after being on loan from Falkirk, Shepherd has had his loan extended with Cameron Blues also signed on loan from the Bairns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

See City have signed Liam Henderson on a permanent basis after being on loan from Falkirk, Shepherd has had his loan extended with Cameron Blues also signed on loan from the Bairns.

feels like we've had the Blues for most of the season!

blues.png.6ea2449b71f0e8decfd3798d8ab49bcd.png

to stay up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

feels like we've had the Blues for most of the season!

blues.png.6ea2449b71f0e8decfd3798d8ab49bcd.png

to stay up.

Your getting  a bit greedy Tam you already have Jesus and Moses now you want God himself to help City:lol:

Just noticed Moses has left.

Edited by cowdenbeath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Your getting  a bit greedy Tam you already have Jesus and Moses now you want God himself to help City:lol:

Just noticed Moses has left.

Start of an Exodus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...