Derry Girls

RedRob72

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Glad you said the lassie playing her, otherwise everyone would’ve thought you were meaning you fancied a 16 year old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the cast members are in their 20's bar the wee short lassie who plays Claire who is 31 believe it or not.

Kept meaning to see this when it was on but finally got round to catching up. Bit of an Inbetweeners template to it but no shame in that when it was so successful. The stuff between Joe and Gerry gets me every time.

Good to hear there will be a second series.

• 1 year later...

Having grown up in Belfast during this time period, it takes me back and is very well done. Not as side-splitting as Father Ted or the In-Betweeners, but streets ahead of Mrs Browns Boys.

Although at the Protestant boy's school I attended, I must have been off sick the day they shipped in a busload of lassies from the local Catholic girls school who were all gagging for it. 

Still maintaining its high standard! 

It was obvious as soon as they all denied ownership of the suitcase with the vodka that it was going to be treated as a suspicious package but no less funny for that.

And discovering that they've left James behind and arguing whether to go back for him. "Who agrees with Tiny Tears - who thinks we should go back?"  :lol:

On 20/03/2019 at 12:11, GordonD said:

Still maintaining its high standard! 

It was obvious as soon as they all denied ownership of the suitcase with the vodka that it was going to be treated as a suspicious package but no less funny for that.

And discovering that they've left James behind and arguing whether to go back for him. "Who agrees with Tiny Tears - who thinks we should go back?"  :lol:

The nun is an absolute riot, always quality lines from her