Derry Girls

RedRob72

On 25/04/2022 at 22:56, 101 said:

Sister Michael is such a good character. Great second episode, I think if it ends with this series with no spin offs it could enter that elite group of TV comedies that didn't run out of steam before the plug was pulled. Like Fawlty Towers, As Seen On TV, Phoenix Nights, Dinnerladies and Father Ted.

Tbf we dont really know how father ted would have went on given the lead character croaked it back in its heyday

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Tbf we dont really know how father ted would have went on given the lead character croaked it back in its heyday

If it was still on it would be a drama about the dangers of trans people and the Catholic churches position.

9 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

It was the last series of Father Ted anyway - they changed the ending of the last episode after Dermot Morgan died.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Just watched the Portrush episode., good to see Auntie Sarah's hair back in bunches.

Gives you something to hold onto when you're a le chien.

Auntie Sarah has taken over from Michelle as the top ride in this for me, that accent!

Thought the women took the place of the teenagers this episode in that you felt that the comedy was forced, the lines the men got to say were just tremendous though, 

Im convinced they could do a show of gerry and joe on a car journey and it would be fucking hilarious

I've never really watched Game of Thrones but an episode happened to be on when I was in somone elses house the other day, and I'm watching it thinking "where do I know that guy from" 🤔.....

Joe.jpg.0a32d82ece3894dfd62eed367a4a602a.jpg

Folk probably know already but there's the normal episode on Tuesday this week followed by an hour long episode on Wednesday, which I'm guessing is the finale.

The most jolting moment for me was when Orla got her voting card and her date of birth was in 1980, harsh reminder of how long ago the mid to late 1990s and my own teenage years was 😢 

Enjoyed the ending of the hour long finale, although you can tell how much they had to work around Nicola Coughlans availability this series. 

Shows my ignorance that I had no idea there was a vote on the Good Friday Agreement - I just thought it was announced and that was that.

Great episode despite my stupidity.

Not afraid to admit the ending of the hour long special had both me and the Mrs in tears. Lisa McGee has a tremendous way of writing in ending an episode with a really lovely high moment before bringing it back down to earth in an extremely poignant way at the close. She's done it multiple times over the three series, masterfully so. I'll miss it, but it is going out leaving most of the viewers wanting far more and that is always the best way to go out.