Derry Girls

RedRob72

5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Saw the last episode of the series last night? Perhaps not as funny as previous episodes such as the wedding / funeral one, but enjoyable and quite moving  all the same. Any episode with Uncle Colm always gets a thumbs up, and who could disagree with Sister Michael's assessment of Mistletoe and Wine?

I thought last night's episode was brilliant, some proper laugh out loud moments.

Gerry was in magnificent form too

At the risk of being called a big girl here I thought that was a lovely ending and very brilliantly scripted  and acted, Michelle who ribs her cousin mercilessly throughout was genuinely distraught when it appeared he was leaving, to the point she was actually almost nice to him for a second, then when he did a U-turn and came back the girls were ecstatic, she in particular gave him the biggest hug of the lot of them and the warmest smile....aaawww.

As has been pointed out, Sister Michael is the funniest character with the best one liners and put downs, one other point, is it just me or is Orla's mum, Sarah got a bit of a milf thing going on? Ignore the annoying voice, she's pretty much in the 'wid' category for me.

8 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

At the risk of being called a big girl here I thought that was a lovely ending and very brilliantly scripted  and acted, Michelle who ribs her cousin mercilessly throughout was genuinely distraught when it appeared he was leaving, to the point she was actually almost nice to him for a second, then when he did a U-turn and came back the girls were ecstatic, she in particular gave him the biggest hug of the lot of them and the warmest smile....aaawww.

Agreed!

8 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Gerry was absolutely superb in that episode, just calling out the nonsense left, right and centre

Gerry is always brilliant. He's clearly the only sane one in the whole gang. His facial expressions as he tries to take in what's going on around him are priceless!

The actor is doing a series of shows at this year's Fringe.

https://edinburghfestival.list.co.uk/event/1246540-tommy-tiernan-paddy-crazy-horse/14903-gilded-balloon-teviot-edinburgh/

8 hours ago, GordonD said:

Gerry is always brilliant. He's clearly the only sane one in the whole gang. His facial expressions as he tries to take in what's going on around him are priceless!

The actor is doing a series of shows at this year's Fringe.

https://edinburghfestival.list.co.uk/event/1246540-tommy-tiernan-paddy-crazy-horse/14903-gilded-balloon-teviot-edinburgh/

Stop listing presidents had me buckled, that whole car journey was outstanding

Btw the lassies that plays jenny is in her 30's and shes a wid by a mile, someone post a picture of her as im too lazy lol

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Btw the lassies that plays jenny is in her 30's and shes a wid by a mile, someone post a picture of her as im too lazy lol

That does surprise me - both age and what she really looks like. I knew that wee Claire is 32 but not Jenny, aka Leah O'Rourke. 

Leah O'Rourke.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Moomintroll
That does surprise me - both age and what she really looks like. I knew that wee Claire is 32 but not Jenny, aka Leah O'Rourke. 
5caf801984c36_LeahORourke.thumb.jpg.ce5b400f1c62afc70f5a4170ed25c2cf.jpg
Jeebus!

Eventually got round to watching this since Monday,  finished it tonight. Thought it was decent enough, as mentioned very similar to the inbetweeners, probably better in terms of one liners though some of the plots are set up from miles away. Tommy Tiernan and the nun are by a mile the best two characters in it tho.

It'll be interesting to see how far forward in time they try and run it before -much like the inbetweeners- they have to acknowledge the characters go their separate ways when school ends, they seem to have acknowledged the two series have lasted at least a year with James' maw coming back and the Clinton visit in 1995 but at the same time all the kids have stayed 16?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Please can somebody change the heading on this thread? When it reappeared I had my hopes up until I realised it referred to January 2018.

b*****d I came on thinking there was a new series as well  :lol:

• 2 weeks later...