Peterhead FC v Elgin City FC

Guest TOPFITTER

7 hours ago, Aguerooooo said:

How’s the mercenary Gibson playing?

Seems to be getting better every week, if by your comment you mean he is professional your correct he has kept himself very fit & gives 100% on the park unlike many in the game.

Thankfully I missed the second half horror show as I had to leave at half time.

To be fair I thought we played reasonably well in the first half although it was probably more down to the lacklustre performance of Peterhead with balls going astray and misplaced passes; I can only assume that they were given a big rocket up the posterior by their manager at half time. We had some chances, which of course we never took and  it was more of the same-huffing and puffing but no real threat, apart from McHardy's long range strike which the goalie saved.

The honeymoon period is  well over now and unless the rot is stopped in the next two weeks I cannot disagree with the Elgin posters above who argue for major changes. We have to be far more ruthless as there are far too many passengers in the team who are automatically selected when their form has been poor in too many games this season. Blueone sums it up nicely when he states that we are a shambles.The talking point at the start was why Bronsky was out as he is miles better than some of those that were in. Know nothing about the triallist goalie but talk about throwing someone to the lions

Three of the remaining January  games are critical must wins(Clyde,Cowdenbeath both at home ) and Berwick away , as the other January game is Stenny and February's are not too promising either. Elgin have been down this path a few times before with a promising start and then falling away in the second half of the season and unless we win the Clyde and Cowdenbeath games I can see us in the basement again. I fully expect Edinburgh to be stronger in the second half and Cowdenbeath's draw yesterday against a team that thrashed us several weeks ago might be an indicator of the" new manager bounce" taking effect although like many, I was surprised at their poor start to the season in the first place. 

27 minutes ago, elginite said:

did our defence pay to spectate?

Elginite: They would just have well been in the stand for turning out that pathetic performance. If they did get paid I think they should thinking about donating their "earnings" to the Under 19s so we can turn out some Local Heroes who want to play for the shirt :thumbsdown

4 minutes ago, Elgin Street Badger said:

Elginite: They would just have well been in the stand for turning out that pathetic performance. If they did get paid I think they should thinking about donating their "earnings" to the Under 19s so we can turn out some Local Heroes who want to play for the shirt :thumbsdown

wasn't at the game but you can tell it looked a shambles and well agree theres probably a few under19s thats got more hunger in them than first team players shame some of them don't get a chance or even loaned out for some experience 

Archived