Hamilton Academicals vs Heart of Midlothian

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Four 0-0 draws
Two 1-1 draws
Two 1-0 wins
A 2-0 win
A 3-0 win tonight
And we thumped Celtic 4-0, did we tell you about that.

Last time we conceded a goal it extended our winless streak to 6 so it's clearly a work in progress.

I've seen plenty good hearts teams deteriorate and I've seen bad ones transform into good ones

The rebuilding always starts at the back

Well said. I agree it is not the be all and end all but resolute defending can be a joy to watch when it is what you need more than anything else.

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Four 0-0 draws
Two 1-1 draws
Two 1-0 wins
A 2-0 win
A 3-0 win tonight
And we thumped Celtic 4-0, did we tell you about that.

Last time we conceded a goal it extended our winless streak to 6 so it's clearly a work in progress.

I've seen plenty good hearts teams deteriorate and I've seen bad ones transform into good ones

The rebuilding always starts at the back

A successful side is always built on a solid defence so with regard to that Levein clearly has you going in the right direction so fair play to him re that.

Its just I was sitting in the stand freezing my bollocks and was thinking what John Robertson's views would be if he was playing in that team, i just couldn't see him appreciating being limited to 2-3 chances per 90 mins.

A successful side is always built on a solid defence so with regard to that Levein clearly has you going in the right direction so fair play to him re that.
Its just I was sitting in the stand freezing my bollocks and was thinking what John Robertson's views would be if he was playing in that team, i just couldn't see him appreciating being limited to 2-3 chances per 90 mins.

In his prime 2-3 chances was generally enough for Robbo.

This game and Saturday at Fir Park sums up the difference in having a Manager who knows how to organise a defence.

If Levein was our Manager,it would be two 0-0 results the last two games,but instead we have a Manager who can't set a side up to defend the basics.

McMann needs dropped and get Gogic in midfield out of harm's way in defence.The laughable part was Hearts didn't even have to work for their goals-like our game on Saturday.

Naismith a class above and Hearts have the right idea in getting the defence sorted and build from there.

Unsure about the new guy up front,put himself about but does he know where the goal is?

As for Docherty,Devlin and Crawford-just go.In our current situation we need committed players.

Probably my fav number 9 ever in Scotland, deffo my fav Jambo ever.

Of course given the length of his Hearts career he played in Hearts sides of all various standards and styles.

The current defensive but efficient side is but a shadow of the Joe Jordan Hearts side that Robbo (and Craig Levein) played for in 1991-92

8 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I thought Redmond was diabolical tbh. so many miss placed passes and poor decisions and missed a sitter.

Wow, i'do love hear your take on Lyons performance. I thought Redmond was our best player before inexplicably being taken off by Canning. Danny is the only player in our midfield who can actually pick a pass and he'd  be a certain starter for me every week. 

Edited by stepek 4 tellys

Didn’t Cochring get hooked at half time for being shite? Was expecting more from the gorgie messiah tbh.

Luckily for us we had other teenagers on the park last night, let that sink in.
FTFY

Puppet master Levein certainly seems to have upset you...