Hamilton Academicals vs Heart of Midlothian

7 minutes ago, happyaccie said:

You stick to watching the free flowing football speccy clearly advocates, 11 games unbeaten 7 of those goals accrued in 2 fixtures against us and Sellick, that means in the other 9 games in that run only 4 goals have been scored if that floats your boat fine, but watching football of a turgid variety leaves my cold to the bone.

As a Hamilton supporter you must be pretty chilled then. Needs must as they say.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AdeTheJambo said:

As a Hamilton supporter you must be pretty chilled then. Needs must as they say.

I'm a hamilton fan not a fan of a speccy managed team so yes I'm chilled, if I was a fan of hearts under speccys guidance I would be colder than the iceberg that sank the titanic ffs.

Just in looked at the table, a win on Saturday is paramount now.

Speccy coaches the most boring style of football known to mankind.I knew that he was predominately a defensive minded coach but in their 11 game unbeaten run they must have drawn a few 0-0 and won a few 1-0 prior to tonight's game they had scored 21 goals from 22 games considering speccy has guided them to a 10 match unbeaten run its clear that run has been based upon solid defending and snatching narrow victories.You can't argue with the positive impact he has made replacing  Cathro , but his chosen style of football to achieve this positivity turns me cold.

ETA hope this doesn't come across as sour grapes, Hearts deserved to win, just making an observation of Speccys style of coaching.

Four 0-0 draws

Two 1-1 draws

Two 1-0 wins

A 2-0 win

A 3-0 win tonight

And we thumped Celtic 4-0, did we tell you about that.

Last time we conceded a goal it extended our winless streak to 6 so it's clearly a work in progress.

I've seen plenty good hearts teams deteriorate and I've seen bad ones transform into good ones

The rebuilding always starts at the back

And to be honest I really like the fact that when we go ahead I no longer have that feeling of dread that we're going to throw it all away

2 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Four 0-0 draws
Two 1-1 draws
Two 1-0 wins
A 2-0 win
A 3-0 win tonight

Last time we conceded a goal it extended our winless streak to 6 so it's clearly a work in progress.

I've seen plenty good hearts teams deteriorate and I've seen bad ones transform into good ones

Well said. I agree it is not the be all and end all but resolute defending can be a joy to watch when it is what you need more than anything else.

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Four 0-0 draws
Two 1-1 draws
Two 1-0 wins
A 2-0 win
A 3-0 win tonight

A successful side is always built on a solid defence so with regard to that Levein clearly has you going in the right direction so fair play to him re that.

Its just I was sitting in the stand freezing my bollocks and was thinking what John Robertson's views would be if he was playing in that team, i just couldn't see him appreciating being limited to 2-3 chances per 90 mins.

A successful side is always built on a solid defence so with regard to that Levein clearly has you going in the right direction so fair play to him re that.
Its just I was sitting in the stand freezing my bollocks and was thinking what John Robertson's views would be if he was playing in that team, i just couldn't see him appreciating being limited to 2-3 chances per 90 mins.

In his prime 2-3 chances was generally enough for Robbo.

This game and Saturday at Fir Park sums up the difference in having a Manager who knows how to organise a defence.

If Levein was our Manager,it would be two 0-0 results the last two games,but instead we have a Manager who can't set a side up to defend the basics.

McMann needs dropped and get Gogic in midfield out of harm's way in defence.The laughable part was Hearts didn't even have to work for their goals-like our game on Saturday.

Naismith a class above and Hearts have the right idea in getting the defence sorted and build from there.

Unsure about the new guy up front,put himself about but does he know where the goal is?

As for Docherty,Devlin and Crawford-just go.In our current situation we need committed players.

Archived