ICT v Livi

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 31/12/2017 at 01:03, LIVIFOREVER said:

The most annoying thing in this thread for me is your spelling of Todorov, dunno why but it bugs me to f**k that you keep spelling his name wrong.:lol:

I think Rafa will start, he played a blinder in the 4-1 Dumbarton win, coming round to having Mackin starting too, he linked up well with Rafa .

Storm Dylan will hit ICT on Tues night as big Mackin rattles in a brace.

Oh the irony.....Mr De Vita spells his name ‘Raffa’ not ‘Rafa’ ;)

Read the preview of this game, the overall head-to-head between ICT and Livingston is dead level, 13 wins each with nine draws.  Both clubs form in the last six games is also level, three wins, two defeats and a draw.

We will be missing Carl Tremarco, which is a blow.  Looking at our squad I'd expect Riccardo Calder to come in for him which is  bit of a step down from Tremarco.  Robbo has also hinted at changes up front, I think he'll stick with the 4-4-2 formation and maybe swap one of Baird and Bell for Austin or Oakley.  Baird seems to be getting a lot of stick from our fans but I like him, he works hard and his movement creates a lot of openings.  We really don't score enough goals though so maybe something different is needed.

I don't really know what formation we are going to play

Could be Chalmers drops to play left back, McKay moves out to right back and we have Donaldson and Warren in the middle.  Or we could go 3-5-2 with Warren, Donaldson and McKay as a back three, Chalmers and Mulraney as wing-backs?  Considering we have three central midfielders starting with Vigurs, Polworth and Trafford a 3-5-2 might make sense.  

I'm an Oakley-skeptic.  He's scored a few goals against Brechin but hasn't really impressed against any other side.  We're now putting him in with Doran, who is returning from basically two years out and we're doing it against a solid, organised team in Livi.

Hmmmm.

9 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I don't really know what formation we are going to play

Could be Chalmers drops to play left back, McKay moves out to right back and we have Donaldson and Warren in the middle.  Or we could go 3-5-2 with Warren, Donaldson and McKay as a back three, Chalmers and Mulraney as wing-backs?  Considering we have three central midfielders starting with Vigurs, Polworth and Trafford a 3-5-2 might make sense.  

I'm an Oakley-skeptic.  He's scored a few goals against Brechin but hasn't really impressed against any other side.  We're now putting him in with Doran, who is returning from basically two years out and we're doing it against a solid, organised team in Livi.

Hmmmm.

Presumably the back four will be:

Mckay Warren Donaldson Chalmers

which is bringing back unhappy memories of our throw-in-four performances in the first few games of the season, although admittedly, those were before Donaldson came in and established himself as the new Maldini. 

Quite happy to see Doran coming in, although not sure about formation either - possibly Doran and Mulraney wide , Oakley up top alone with Polworth in the 10 and Vigurs and Trafford sitting deeper.

Great to see Sportsound failing to cover this afternoon's fixtures, the c***s. 

Vigurs booked twice in the first half, first one  for dissent.  Fucking hell.  He's a very good player but that's twice this season he's been ordered off for two bookings, including dissent.  

Going to be a nervous second half.

Incredible that Halkett is getting cheat shouted at him for getting booted in the face. 

Yes it’s not a red card but it’s 100% a yellow card for dangerous play, regardless if he knows our player is waiting to head the ball of not. 

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I've seen it spelt both ways, but it is Rafa De Vita on our OS and that's how I've always spelt it too.

He spells it Raffa (on his twitter account - his name is spelled Raffaele so makes sense the shortening would be Raffa with two f’s. Not a big deal obvs but it made me chuckle when it was in a post moaning at a players name being spelled incorrectly!

Just now, Snooky said:

He spells it Raffa (on his twitter account - his name is spelled Raffaele so makes sense the shortening would be Raffa with two f’s. Not a big deal obvs but it made me chuckle when it was in a post moaning at a players name being spelled incorrectly!

Aye but Todorov isn't spelt with an E, Rafa is spelt how I spell it on our Official Site and on various other places, so seems acceptable spelling it with one F.

Archived