Stranraer vs Ayr

First half we weren't as bad as the score would suggest. Just a bit disorganised at the back and lacking a striker. Ayr are good going forward so not the best team to play when you having to blood new players and morale is low for obvious reasons.  Felt the majority of the players still tried hard and the youngsters did well enough and will have benefited from the experience. Thought Farroll's interview  after the game was fair enough - it is what it is and we just need to ship out however many players need to go to safeguard the clubs future, regroup and move on.
Queens Park on Saturday is a key match. Hopefully have a wee bit more time to adjust and the standard of opposition won't be a high. Get the feeling we could be another player down by that point mind.

The lowlights didn’t make for good watching ,first half we were ok and had most of pressure before they scored their second [emoji849] second half we were caught out going forward and lost 3 goals from sloppy defending ,frustrated with Thomson as didn’t hold he ball up.When we changed things around the young lads made a decent account .My Strannie best were Bell and Turner [emoji22] Next up Hampden and a massive game [emoji1303]

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

What a performance from Cameron "Cammy" Belford there, especially at Ayr United's second goal. He seems to wave the ball into the net in the casual manner of a traffic cop. 

Yip he did think it was going just wide but I was right behind Moffat when he struck it and it was a peach , fortunate to go through Robertson but hit with outside of the foot to give it a bend and just a super instinctive strike , how we would love a Moffat in our team just now .

15 hours ago, wuffster said:

I'm sorry , this cannot pass uncommented.

He was stinking the place out for the last month until his goal today. Not many complete passes, not much influence on the game. Not doing very well.

Can we have him please 

8 hours ago, 1870ToonBlue said:

What Stranraer miss is a b*****d in the middle of the park, a Jamie Adams he does the dirty work that no one else wants to do we have no one that wants to do that. Personally I couldnt believe the difference in Ayr when Moffat went off that just shows his class. I think even if Cammy had went for the 2nd goal he would have still of been waving at it. But thats the difference in quality as our show pony was in the same position moments later and instead of pulling the trigger he pulls it behind Thommo attack finished...

Jamie Adams will be a Stranraer player next season when Alan Jenkins is in charge.

Yip he did think it was going just wide but I was right behind Moffat when he struck it and it was a peach , fortunate to go through Robertson but hit with outside of the foot to give it a bend and just a super instinctive strike , how we would love a Moffat in our team just now .

Second goal was down to Robbo’s complete failure to tackle.

6 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Jamie Adams will be a Stranraer player next season when Alan Jenkins is in charge.

Don't think he'll be looking to drop to the juniors next season

Jamie Hamill will though...you might be able to hold onto him...

23 hours ago, wuffster said:

I'm sorry , this cannot pass uncommented.

He was stinking the place out for the last month until his goal today. Not many complete passes, not much influence on the game. Not doing very well.

I'm never shy at criticising players when it's deserved but that sort of terminology should be reserved for troublemakers/non-triers IMHO.

Moffat makes us tick moreso than any other player in the XI. His link up play is phenomenal and without him we lose a lot of our craft. This is especially true when Crawford is also missing as his runs from midfield adds an extra dimension to the attack.

It's looking like we'll have to play a similar XI at Starks Park, not ideal and I'd take a point given their home record and our midfield.

Moffat makes us tick moreso than any other player in the XI. His link up play is phenomenal and without him we lose a lot of our craft. This is especially true when Crawford is also missing as his runs from midfield adds an extra dimension to the attack.

It's looking like we'll have to play a similar XI at Starks Park, not ideal and I'd take a point given their home record and our midfield.

I know this happens every season ad we should be used to it but it would be nice to know why is actually wrong with Crawford and Docherty.

Docherty has been 50/50 to make his comeback for about a month whereas Crawford was only meant to be out for a couple of weeks.

Archived