SHITE OF LANARKSHIRE VS PRIDE OF LANARKSHIRE (SCOTTISH CUP)

Im_Rodger

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Main looks very direct and strong. Could prove to be useful up here. Ciftci looks lazy, a Robert Prosinecki type lazy. I doubt he'll do much running.

My mate was saying he reminded him of Berbatov with the great touches and lack of running.

:lol: It's the equivalent of letting someone off Steelmen on-line do the 'Well twitter account after a defeat (although the accies version is missing the #wontbeback and #itsburrowsfault hashtag).

48 minutes ago, Swello said:

:lol: It's the equivalent of letting someone off Steelmen on-line do the 'Well twitter account after a defeat (although the accies version is missing the #wontbeback and #itsburrowsfault hashtag).

It always amazes me the amount of folk who view steelmenonline as being an overly negative, pessimistic forum. With the exception of Milo and DeWell (and on occasion myself, back in the day) I always found it on the main, a very 'glass half full' bordering on Happy Clappy place and anyone showing any negativity, no matter how justified, is very quickly rounded upon. But everyone sees things differently I suppose.

Aye - there is some positive stuff and some really well written posts too - but there is also some jaw dropping melodramatic pish at times and that tends to stick in my mind more . I saw one recently where someone said that they were finished for this season because of our shite run of results and wouldn't be back until next season - couldn't get my head around that one.

I guess the negative stuff also seems more prevalent because if we win, there are tumbleweeds rolling through but if we lose, the servers are struggling to cope with the volumes of angst-ridden rants and <insert manager name> Out! threads.

Above Hamilton in the league and still in the cup, or below Motherwell in the league and out the cup.

We all kmow who the shite of the shire are.

3 hours ago, Swello said:

Aye - there is some positive stuff and some really well written posts too - but there is also some jaw dropping melodramatic pish at times and that tends to stick in my mind more . I saw one recently where someone said that they were finished for this season because of our shite run of results and wouldn't be back until next season - couldn't get my head around that one.

I guess the negative stuff also seems more prevalent because if we win, there are tumbleweeds rolling through but if we lose, the servers are struggling to cope with the volumes of angst-ridden rants and <insert manager name> Out! threads.

I used to keep a tab with Steelmen open in my browser at work (as I do with P&B) and dip in and out through the day but I ended up logged out around October after my computer fried and haven't really visited since save a couple of short contributions in the past week.

For me, it's less the negativity, which is at least understandable when you're on a run of 11 games without a win or whatever it was and more the schizo moods swings and knee-jerk reactions along with a complete lack of perspective that I find hurting my brain. There are a lot of really good posters over there with a lot of positive stuff to add but at times it can be really, really hard work.

All things said though, at least it's not FirParkCorner.

Thought it was a pretty turgid first half and we were gift wrapped both goals.  However after a scare right at the start of the second, I thought we were better and putting some good balls in and getting into good positions but unable to add the gloss of another goal.  I saw enough in the second half to think we could have a decent second half to the season but Accies chucked it at about 55 minutes, there performance towards the end was disgraceful.  Never have I felt less worried for so long in a cup tie against a top flight opponent.

Archived