SHITE OF LANARKSHIRE VS PRIDE OF LANARKSHIRE (SCOTTISH CUP)

Im_Rodger

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

That was some skelp on the coupon that Redmond took.

Can an Accies fan explain to me, when Bingham went off were Accies really playing the end of a cup tie they were losing without a centre forward? Or was someone else supposed to be playing up front because it genuinely didn't look like it?

Templeton's really a false 9 nowadays. It was him and Cunningham (a winger) up top. 

Wasn't a classic but we deserved to win. Campbell & McHugh had a grip of midfield while Tanner was the best player on the pitch. Some of his touches are a joy to watch. Was interesting to see us deploy Andy Rose who's entire remit seemed to be to keep Imrie quiet.

Aldred looked good until his hamstring chucked it. Ciftci & Main look promising. Main should have scored, and while Ciftci looked less than sharp he still had a few wonderful touches. 

In the Cup the only thing that matters is progression and we did that.

However, I thought we were absolutely awful yet again and the ease of the victory was more down to Accies being so woeful rather than anything we did. We were flat, wasteful in possession as ever and had Accies not given us a helping hand with a spectacular own goal and a needless penalty then we could have played until midnight without scoring. Tanner was our best player but that wouldn't have been hard and Ciftci showed some nice touches although he is obviously way short of match fitness but apart from that we were poor and I see nothing to suggest we won't be in for a very difficult second half to the season. 

Archived