Talbot v Buffs Game on

1 hour ago, Harry's Corner said:

Congratulations to the Buffs Who were up for this game. Talbot caught sleeping in first half and didn't really recover after the goal.

Carlo Monti and Pettigrew best players for Buffs with Whytey and McPherson Talbots best.

Well played to the Buffs, a very good team similar in the old Talbot vain.

A lot of the Talbot support were puzzled by their starting 11 don't know enough about them to comment. Conditions were about as bad as i've seen this season.  Buffs seemed to adapt better, I always gauge away teams top performers by home support reactions, so Pettigrew and Maitland were the main targets of their wrath, thought  Hanvey did a power of grafting in midfield, and Boylan the usual non-stop effort, Monti didn't get much support from Winters, he's never impressed me in any games I've attended this season, great 3 points for Buffs.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shed! Not really because after watching the most succesful football club in the history of Junior football you have time to reflect. If I felt we were robbed today then I would have been raging, but in all honest Buffs deserved their win. What I am raging about is the fact that you gave the thickest tosser on the Junior threads a green dot. I had you down as an articulate sort of person. You rub a few folk up the wrong way but some of your posting are interesting and readable. However you seem to like Rockets more than the lad from North Korea.

Did you really just say you were raging about green dots on a screen?

Adam Strain..The Tebbits for peanuts     Craig Dallas....Glencairn U21's
Joe Coleman...Kilbirnie        Ryan Nisbet......Troon
Sam McCloskey free Stranraer       Bryan Boyland....Amateur football
John Monan..Kilwinning Royals Un19         Ben Lewis...Local youth football
Mark Campbell....Troon      Mick Wardrop......Free from Ayr
Ricky Hanvey....Cumnock  
Tommy Maitland...Girvan
Jamie Whyte..Free transfer Talbot
Liam McGuiness...Kilbirnie
I would say good bit of business from the Buffs. Anyway is it not Hogmanay that they let off the rocket? You've peaked too early.

Uve missed out Finlay fyre. hes a player id love 2 c in a bankies jersey.

Mon the papers

Congratulations to the Buffs Who were up for this game. Talbot caught sleeping in first half and didn't really recover after the goal. Carlo Monti and Pettigrew best players for Buffs with Whytey and McPherson Talbots best.

Well played to the Buffs, a very good team similar in the old Talbot vain.

Did monti not go to dundee?

2 hours ago, theshed said:

The money men of North Ayrshire have certainly took a good stride towards the championship today after beating talbot down there .............

Football on a Poundland budget, if these money men ever show up send them round to me

2 or 3 new players and because the team are doing well it's all about "money men"??  I'm sure if you compared all budgets within the league Buffs will be around the middle and Beiths will in fact be one of the top budgets. No wonder everyone hates Beith, "f*ck Beith"!! :P

Typical P&B, as soon as a team is doing well all everyone posts about is money as if their players play for nothing.

Fair play to Kilwinning, promotion, then staying up last year and now top of the league, it’s a great run they are on. But the West premier is a very competitive league and a lot of games still to be played. Wouldn’t rule out Glenafton putting a run together and getting right back up there.

2 or 3 new players and because the team are doing well it's all about "money men"??  I'm sure if you compared all budgets within the league Buffs will be around the middle and Beiths will in fact be one of the top budgets. No wonder everyone hates Beith, "f*ck Beith"!! [emoji14]
Hope you're enjoying Inverness Chris [emoji16]

Buffs def deserved to win today. They are a physically strong side with loads of experience and will certainly be there or thereabouts when the league is decided. Only really halfway though and no doubt lots of twists and turns to come. I still think any one of 5/6 sides could stake a claim if they put a run together as challengers takes points off of each other. BTW don’t rule out Talbot either although they were pretty poor today - they will come back.

Well said superpollock, as you say a long way to go and all teams are capable of taking points from any other team on their day. It's not always about budgets, you can have the best players in the league but you need them to want to play for you and Chris Strain (no, I'm not him :whistle) gets the most out of his players most weeks. A lot of people, some Buffs supporters included, are surprised we are sitting top going into the New Year but after last season we'll take it, and enjoy it for as long as it lasts!! COYB :thumsup2

37 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Typical P&B, as soon as a team is doing well all everyone posts about is money as if their players play for nothing.

Fair play to Kilwinning, promotion, then staying up last year and now top of the league, it’s a great run they are on. But the West premier is a very competitive league and a lot of games still to be played. Wouldn’t rule out Glenafton putting a run together and getting right back up there.

One of the more sensible posts on here. The league isn’t won in December.

Beith must still be in with a shout, they must have some team spirit if the players are happy to play for nothing, obviously the reason Milliken chose to go there over Kilwinning.

One of the more sensible posts on here. The league isn’t won in December.

Beith must still be in with a shout, they must have some team spirit if the players are happy to play for nothing, obviously the reason Milliken chose to go there over Kilwinning.
I know a wee bit about that one and the guy in question took a helluva drop in money to sign for beith rather than buffs ....... Nice try though [emoji2][emoji2]

buffs cruised the game today and should have won by more, it looked if they could have an extra gear if needed though talbot never looked like scoring to be honest.why why why are talbot still lacking in cover at centre half, if mccracken is fit he should come in as a straight replacement in that position as he's the recognised centre half on talbots bench.i thought whitey would have added a bit of dig in midfield which talbot sorely missed today, its even more painful when pettigrew is marshalling his defence with the cigar smoke rising.you think a team of talbots stature could attract this type of international defender to beechwood......................ahem,what a partnership pettigrew and mcpherson would make unfortunetely tucker doesn't see it.

Archived