I Predict a riot... EEP 2/1/18

Guest Back Post Misses
Aye this. Certainly not anywhere near a bad performance in the context of this season. How long do we have McGhee signed up for btw? We don't deserve him, he is fucking class

Think end of season but with an option of another year

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good start by Pars and credit to AJ. Kept the shape well in defence and midfield leaving Cardle/McManus/Clark to create and/or wait for a Falkirk f**k up. Then, as in the earlier game, Cardle provided that extra bit of quality.

Falkirk are painfully slow to attack. After we were 2-up we were sending more guys forward than earlier in the game yet still Falkirk wouldn’t start an attack until we had nine or ten players behind the ball. 

The game was probably a perfect illustration of why both teams are where they are in the table. Falkirk can pass the ball nicely (even with nine men) but are ponderous with no cutting edge. We have the firepower to sometimes see off mediocre teams. 

Did anyone else think Longridge was fortunate to not be sent off for lashing out at M'Voto? Immediately after the big yin made him dribble towards his own goal for about 40 yards.

21 minutes ago, smpar said:

Did anyone else think Longridge was fortunate to not be sent off for lashing out at M'Voto? Immediately after the big yin made him dribble towards his own goal for about 40 yards.

Thought it looked like 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Was surprised Collum didn't do the standard yellow card  for each.

9 hours ago, wullie robb said:

Falkirk have never had fans in the past like the vermin today, if you feel the need to do things like this at a Football match I'd suggest you stay well away. 

On the game itself we were poor and I fear the worst, signings don't look up to much, Hartley continues to baffle me with decisions, nothing new then. 

That's crap.  We've always had, like all clubs,  an element amongst our support.  Don't you remember the "Norrie's Dead" era?

Upon leaving Charlie Ds around 2.45, there was a group of around 15 young boys walking around towards the away end.
One summed up Falkirks day perfectly. His wee shout of "Norrie's deed" got lost as his voice broke horrendously to the hilarity of those around.

Sadly for Falkirk fans (well, the 90% who'd left before the final whistle) they didn't get to see Higgy's strop. Not sure if it was because he'd only got a few minutes on the pitch or he was sill raging at Andy Ryan for not making more of the open goal chance late on but he was furious. Was at the corner flag as the whistle went and a Falkirk player offered his hand. Higgy blanked him and  stormed straight down the tunnel. 

Williamson was nowhere near as effective as in the first game vs Falkirk at East End earlier in the season without Higgy partnering him. However, we probably had more in midfield with Paton playing instead. 

Upon leaving Charlie Ds around 2.45, there was a group of around 15 young boys walking around towards the away end.
One summed up Falkirks day perfectly. His wee shout of "Norrie's deed" got lost as his voice broke horrendously to the hilarity of those around.

I’m surprised, and disappointed, that nobody kicked his c**t in.

Or at least reported him to the police.

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have played a lot worse this season. At least we made a goalkeeper work and for me that is the story of the game in the main. Our young kid had a shocker and Robinson had one of his better days.

I thought the two Sunderland kids did ok with Robson the better of the two.

Still needs 3 or 4 players in. Hopefully they won’t take long.

Sibbald, McGhee and Tumalty were our best players.

Despite the result I did see some progress but Hartley needs a goalkeeper this week. Que Jack Hamilton?

Screaming out for a goalkeeper, really can't remember the last time we were as weak in this position.

I know its a case of "If your aunty had baws" but if Mutch had been in the Pars goals we would have won with a couple of goals to spare.

The lad Hamilton would be a very good shout, young but with experience at a high level and lives in Bonnybridge.

Not sure who else would be a candidate.

I also thought that we were far from the shambles some of the goons on the Facebook sites were dribbling about last night, even had some of the brain donors slating Hartley for pitching in the 3 new lads!

This after weeks of them counting down the days to the transfer window opening and having the opportunity to gut the deadwood from the squad.

I mentioned after the Livingston game that I thought Tumilty was not going to do but fair play he has been impressive in the last couple of games and would be a decent addition if we could extend the loan.

31 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Falkirk are utter torture. The fact that some posters are taking positives from that performance is staggering. 

I saw nothing yesterday from Falkirk that would concern Raith or Ayr tbh. 

You seen a lot of Raith and Ayr....?

I agree we will struggle if we come up against a team that wins a large percentage of their games 

1 hour ago, Biscuits said:

So you’ve always done it - that’s ok then.

Scumbag behaviour

The excessive punishment given to O'Hara and clarity over the McKee ban has been a factor in yesterday's business, not condoning it but it generally happens in life when the punishment didn't either fit the crime or is clouded.

Can you explain pars fans doing monkey actions towards our black players, caught on film this season at the TFS or vile comments 're Chris Mitchell on Twitter ?

38 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Falkirk are utter torture. The fact that some posters are taking positives from that performance is staggering. 

I saw nothing yesterday from Falkirk that would concern Raith or Ayr tbh. 

You seem to be letting your positive result get in the way of an objective view of the match.

We are painfully aware of the state that we are in but really apart from the first twenty minutes the only thing separating both teams performances were the goalkeepers.

16 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

3.20 for synchronised falling over

When you watch the highlights there's not really that much in the game.  If we'd had a decent keeper between the sticks then Nicky Clarks abysmal finishing would've got us to nothing each at half time.  We had a lot of the ball in the second half but very few shots of significance as we tried to walk the ball through the pars defence far too often.

9 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

You seem to be letting your positive result get in the way of an objective view of the match.

We are painfully aware of the state that we are in but really apart from the first twenty minutes the only thing separating both teams performances were the goalkeepers.

Wait...so you’re saying if you had better players and we had worse players the result could’ve  been different?

3 minutes ago, Jimmy85 said:

Wait...so you’re saying if you had better players and we had worse players the result could’ve  been different?

The galling thing for us was that Dunfermline were almost as bad as us.  The main difference being the performance of the keepers with one keeping them in the game and the other throwing the game. With both teams missing their first choice keeper its obvious that Dunfermlines back up is far better than ours.

Archived