Glorious Greenock Morton v A Shite Scheme in Glasgow

No thanks but each to their own!
The only place I could think of would be Ravenscraig Stadium but it would need a hell of a lot of work in terms of road work etc... That was a few years ago before they built a school on the parks tho. Other than that your basically looking at IBM and Parklea which are both good to any fan.
It's never going to happen EVER! The mos tthta will ever happen to Cappielow is a roof over the WDE and bucket seats installed on the benches, maybe a roof over yer pie stall [emoji4] , that's all it needs to be fair!

If you're correct then the future is extremely bleak for us. Cappielow is an albatross round our neck.

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

If you're correct then the future is extremely bleak for us. Cappielow is an albatross round our neck.

"future is extremely bleak for us" please explain how burning Cappielow to the ground and building a new stadium would improve Morton as a club, apart from a few select clubs who have done this I've yet to see any evidence to back up your post. The only teams that this has worked for are teams who have been handed a stadium to them for free or are playing in the top flight.

"future is extremely bleak for us" please explain how burning Cappielow to the ground and building a new stadium would improve Morton as a club, apart from a few select clubs who have done this I've yet to see any evidence to back up your post. The only teams that this has worked for are teams who have been handed a stadium to them for free or are playing in the top flight.

Because we need a modern stadium that can earn us money 7 days a week. It's as simple as that. Not to mention we'd be a more attractive proposition to players as someone alluded to earlier in this thread. I could actually post a list of reasons but I really don't think that's necessary. You're basically saying you're content for Morton to be consigned to a future outwith our top flight in an indirect way. We're already a generation behind clubs who imo should be our peers (St Johnstone, Dunfermline, Thistle, St Mirren, Killie) in terms of infrastructure and that gap will continue to widen in years to come.

9 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Because we need a modern stadium that can earn us money 7 days a week. It's as simple as that. Not to mention we'd be a more attractive proposition to players as someone alluded to earlier in this thread. I could actually post a list of reasons but I really don't think that's necessary. You're basically saying you're content for Morton to be consigned to a future outwith our top flight in an indirect way. We're already a generation behind clubs who imo should be our peers (St Johnstone, Dunfermline, Thistle, St Mirren, Killie) in terms of infrastructure and that gap will continue to widen in years to come.

It staggers me that people would willingly forego this just so they can stay standing up.

Besides, a modernised stadium with safe covered standing could be an option. That would make you a really forward-looking club and genuinely appealing to spectators.

It staggers me that people would willingly forego this just so they can stay standing up.
Besides, a modernised stadium with safe covered standing could be an option. That would make you a really forward-looking club and genuinely appealing to spectators.

Agreed. I remember on our forum a few years back some Morton fans stated they'd rather not get promoted to the SPL if it meant we had to seat the cowshed! Madness.

10 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

I'd happily see us in some shite lego stadium if it meant the club going forward.

If it meant the club going forward then yes, it's a no brainer but would that really happen for Morton? I have my doubts..... Just ask a lot of other clubs fans who are stuck with a  almost completely empty debt ridden rotten away seated stadium and come back to me.

You didn't say anything. Just you spouting your infantile diatribe, as usual. Arguing with the facts is an alien concept to you.

What a load of nonsense as expected from you.

At least it wasn’t accompanied with the usual boring childish GIF you so love

Fact is Gary Harkins committed a shitebag tackle and was extremely fortunate to escape a red card.

1 hour ago, M0rtonfc said:

Just ask a lot of other clubs fans who are stuck with a almost completely empty debt ridden rotten away seated stadium and come back to me.

Setting aside the red herring of Queens Park/Hampden, but can you name a club that has gone "backwards" by improving their stadium?

I get the arguments, and I appreciate it can be galling for St Mirren fans to go on about it as we were effectively "gifted" ours for nothing, but off the top of my head I can't think of any.

I should say that, if the oppertunity arose where we didn't actually have to spend a fortune building a stadium and putting ourselves in a god awful financial position, then I'd want us to take it.

Plenty of clubs have gone backwards straight after building a stadium, but that was more to do with the regulations about getting into the SPL at the time. Things have changed since then. We shouldn't do it unless it benefits us to do so.

6 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Setting aside the red herring of Queens Park/Hampden, but can you name a club that has gone "backwards" by improving their stadium?

I get the arguments, and I appreciate it can be galling for St Mirren fans to go on about it as we were effectively "gifted" ours for nothing, but off the top of my head I can't think of any.

Livi, Raith, Clyde, Airdrie, for a start! Rotten away stadiums that are hardly even filled on a Saturday, I'm sure those clubs are not in a brilliant financial situation either, unless I'm wrong.

Just now, M0rtonfc said:

Livi, Clyde, Airdrie, for a start! Rotten away stadiums that are hardly even filled on a Saturday, I'm sure those clubs are not in a brilliant financial situation either, unless I'm wrong.

Would you say that the stadium was the key element in regard to these clubs' going "backwards"?

Not that I am dismissing these examples, they are all fairly obvious suggestions for all the obvious reasons.

7 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

Would you say that the stadium was the key element in regard to these clubs' going "backwards"?

Not that I am dismissing these examples, they are all fairly obvious suggestions for all the obvious reasons.

Would you say them building a stadium took them forward? Maybe I'm wrong with this one but what have they actually gained from their new stadiums?

Archived