Sign in to follow this  
vikingTON

Glorious Greenock Morton v A Shite Scheme in Glasgow

Make your mind up - you were either in the WDE or you weren't. There may be no cover, but the WDE provides a fantastic view.
Not if your behind the goals with the crossbar at eye level. The kids could see easily tho

FFS norrie, cheating the fans?? That was your lot last season was it not? Players getting the manager sacked. For a fan that could not care you seem to have a lot to say about it

2 hours ago, Kingston Bud said:

Harkin’s clear red card. Not even debatable for me.

Jai arm swing on McGinn, he could have walked. Lucky boy

Oliver tackle is clear as day a red card in this day and age. To say he won the ball so it’s a yellow is laughable quite frankly

Oliver was lucky not to have seen red.

Jai's was a booking, if anything.

Harkins didn't touch Baird. Why did Baird grab his right leg when he went down? It should have been his left. 

Thomson's  "dive" should've been a penalty.

Baird's arm was away from his body and McHugh's was a definite penalty.

Harkin’s clear red card. Not even debatable for me.

Jai arm swing on McGinn, he could have walked. Lucky boy

Oliver tackle is clear as day a red card in this day and age. To say he won the ball so it’s a yellow is laughable quite frankly

Sobbing mess.

10 hours ago, BIG BEN said:
12 hours ago, Jamie_M said:
Make your mind up - you were either in the WDE or you weren't. There may be no cover, but the WDE provides a fantastic view.

Not if your behind the goals with the crossbar at eye level. The kids could see easily tho

Move to another part of the WDE then?:unsure2:

The Cappielow debate has been done to death in this thread. By and large the vast majority of Morton fans are going to stick with the argument of Cappielow being a better place to watch football due to having terracing and not being an identikit shoebox while the vast majority of St Mirren fans are going to go with the Paisley 2021 stadium being better due to having more modern facilities, actually having a roof on all sides and generating money all year round. Both of those points of view are fine and can be defended with genuine arguments.

However, anyone who says the Wee Dublin End has a shite view in the context of a comparison with Paisley 2021 has either never sat behind the goal in Paisley or is at it. That's just a completely indefensible argument - the view from the WDE pisses all over the view from behind the goal at St Mirren.

6 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The Cappielow debate has been done to death in this thread. By and large the vast majority of Morton fans are going to stick with the argument of Cappielow being a better place to watch football due to having terracing and not being an identikit shoebox while the vast majority of St Mirren fans are going to go with the Paisley 2021 stadium being better due to having more modern facilities, actually having a roof on all sides and generating money all year round. Both of those points of view are fine and can be defended with genuine arguments.

However, anyone who says the Wee Dublin End has a shite view in the context of a comparison with Paisley 2021 has either never sat behind the goal in Paisley or is at it. That's just a completely indefensible argument - the view from the WDE pisses all over the view from behind the goal at St Mirren.

Agree totally with the first paragraph but the second.......

My season ticket at Paisley 2021 is In the family stand and I can easily see the whole pitch. I was standing near the back of the WDE on Tuesday in near enough the same position but possibly slightly further back, I couldn’t always see the whole of the goal line. So I really can’t agree that it pisses all over it. 

Neither ground is ideal but stick a roof over the WDE and you might have a ground fit for the late 20th century but until that happens unless you are in the cow shed or the sun is splitting the skies on the Costa del Clyde the rest of the ground is barely fit for purpose. 

This isn’t a dig at Morton fans it is due to years of mismanagement by Hugh Scott and others the like of which you wouldn’t wish on anyone. 

If, as others have done, you try and overlook the shortcomings as just ‘character’ then I’d rather have Somerset Park any day of the week. 

I think the best course of action is just for the Morton fans to accept Cappielow is a shithole. I get the psychological connection, but there are "psychological connections" in slums - that doesn't mean the residents wouldn't prefer to live somewhere better.

9 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

I think the best course of action is just for the Morton fans to accept Cappielow is a shithole. I get the psychological connection, but there are "psychological connections" in slums - that doesn't mean the residents wouldn't prefer to live somewhere better.

I think the best course of action is just for the St Mirren fans to accept that crowdwanking and stadiumwanking is terrible patter. I get that you've only beaten us once since April 2016, so don't have much else to go on about in match threads, but that doesn't mean your desperate attempts at deflection are correct.

Cappielow is a bit of a shithole. But for home fans still one of the best places in Scotland to watch football in the shed. Or the WDE on a sunny day.

12 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Cappielow is a bit of a shithole.

Yeah, it is.

I mean, I loved Love Street, but at it's worst it was easily a bit of a shithole and something that was draining the clubs coffers at an alarming rate. So this isn't a St Mirren/Morton thing, it's a "well that's where we are at" statement.

Ultimately as a fan you just have to accept it for what it is. Morton would be in a far better position financially if they were to redevelop, but to hold it in high regard because of the memories associated with it is holding some people back.

12 minutes ago, tonnitus said:

I think the best course of action is just for the St Mirren fans to accept that crowdwanking and stadiumwanking is terrible patter. I get that you've only beaten us once since April 2016, so don't have much else to go on about in match threads, but that doesn't mean your desperate attempts at deflection are correct.

Jesus, talk about whatabootery. Your stadium is shit, it has nothing to do with any other stadium or club. Stop acting out because people are pointing out the blindingly obvious.

23 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Cappielow is a bit of a shithole. But for home fans still one of the best places in Scotland to watch football in the shed. Or the WDE on a sunny day.

Except if the game is on BBC Alba, I'd  imagine, and they put scaffolding up to block out a large chunk of it.  Out of interest, do season ticket holders get their own seat in that section, and do they get offered a seat in the main stand if there's TV coverage?

21 minutes ago, iceblink said:

Except if the game is on BBC Alba, I'd  imagine, and they put scaffolding up to block out a large chunk of it.  Out of interest, do season ticket holders get their own seat in that section, and do they get offered a seat in the main stand if there's TV coverage?

The entire shed area and Sinclair Street end are considered terracing and as such no reserved seating. So no.

Also the redevelopment idea is very nice and that but it's also a total non starter. No supermarket deal, no local development from Riverside. So no money. 

Just now, GiGi said:

Also the redevelopment idea is very nice and that but it's also a total non starter. No supermarket deal, no local development from Riverside. So no money. 

I can understand the Morton fans when they get annoyed at St Mirren for saying redevelopment/new ground is the way forward. While it most certainly is, it's also entirely correct that we somehow managed to convince Tesco to build us a new stadium for the land they never ended up using. It was as good as a gift from them. I don't think any stadium redevelopment or new ground has had such a fortuitous timeline than ours did.

Agree, cappielow is not the best for visiting fans. As mentioned before get put a roof on the WDE and you have a decent stand. We have a chairman moaning that we don’t bring enough friends to the home end but we are encouraging away fans not to come due to having facilities suited to the 80’s. The board needs to look at this and address it. They had a decent crowd down and cant help think a few hundred more would have been there if we catered for them. Would we put up with this at visiting grounds?

17 hours ago, Norrie82 said:

Morton football clubs stadium and facilities are absolutely shocking.  I mean your stadium has not changed and the lack of a cover at the away end is ridiculous. You also say you.have a good support but struggle to get 2000 at a home game.  We may have a modern shoe box and excellent hospitality facilities and our very own training ground but hey I wish we had a stadium like yours? Cmon lads get real. Any player looking at that Park wouldn't want to sign if they had an offer from saints. We know what we are we are a well run club that has a history of winning the occasional cup and being predominantly a premier league team. You are a small town team who will be happy playing away in the championship.  

When was the last time a Morton fan claimed we have a good support?

Pretty much every Morton fan accepts that our crowds are pish now and are down considerably from say 10-12 years ago when we were averaging 2500-3k in the 3rd/2nd division.

Even when we are doing fairly well like last year and in 2012-13 we are lucky to get 2000 and this year our home crowds are down a few hundred from last year.

I  fully accept that you, Falkirk, Dunfermline are bigger clubs with bigger fans bases. We have had the potential to be in the mix in the past but for a variety of reasons, we have went backwards and it will take some drastic changes to get back up to a respectable average figure again. Still believe the support is there and if we were in a similar situation to you guys where the board and fan base were fully united and the team was doing well on the park,  they would come back.  

I was actually surprised we had 2350 there on Tues what with it being on the TV, some people working etc. Our crowd was only 1500 the previous game against ICT. 

Oliver was lucky not to have seen red.
Jai's was a booking, if anything.
Harkins didn't touch Baird. Why did Baird grab his right leg when he went down? It should have been his left. 
Thomson's  "dive" should've been a penalty.
Baird's arm was away from his body and McHugh's was a definite penalty.

Harkin’s never touched Baird

I know you constantly talk shite on here but that’s new level shite

It was a terrible tackle from Harkins