Glorious Greenock Morton v A Shite Scheme in Glasgow

I’d have Cappielow every time over St Mirren park or whatever the f**k it’s called this week. We’ve heard it all before “shite ground” “crumbling dump” but I couldn’t care less. Watching our games from the Cowshed is magic and I’ve yet to enjoy watching a game as much as when I do there. It is what it is, an old ground and I think most of us quite like the fact it has character about it rather than a standard shoe box type stadium that most clubs build these days. 

As for there being more St Mirren fans than Morton fans - load of shite :lol: 

I enjoy the banter with St Mirren fans and love the stick we both give each other, but some have been incredibly disappointing in the aftermath of the game. Grassing our players up to the SPFL for heehaw, crying about tackles on twitter and making GIFs out of them and crowd/stadiumwanking. OF levels of behaviour. 

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Scosha said:

I enjoy the banter with St Mirren fans and love the stick we both give each other, but some have been incredibly disappointing in the aftermath of the game. Grassing our players up to the SPFL for heehaw, crying about tackles on twitter and making GIFs out of them and crowd/stadiumwanking. OF levels of behaviour. 

:lol:

Anyway... This guy:

6 minutes ago, tonnitus said:

Cappielow Park is the oldest still-used stadium in Scotland and if you'd trade it for an OF training pitch then I'd question your allegiances.

SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Cappielow holds Celtic youth matches.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Cappielow holds Celtic youth matches.

Which they pay rent for. We don't sell their merchandise or put their name and crest on the walls.

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

Which they pay rent for. We don't sell their merchandise or put their name and crest on the walls.

I must have forgot that we gifted them the use of our stadium.

Don't kid yourself, if Celtic thought they could make money from selling scarves at their U19 European games at Cappielow then they would sell them, and Morton would happily take more rent for it.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Dearie me. He's the same lad that posted this;

image.png.dcb98c4b577c9f4814f4b08f04435911.png

If I thought this lad could even point to Cyprus on a map never mind tell us anything about its recent history then it would maybe be quite offensive. 

I wonder how Jai, the son of an Angolan immigrant, would feel about that comment.

Sometimes stupid wee boys just need telling. I hope someone has a word in his ear.

7 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

:lol:

Anyway... This guy:

I’m sure that boy has previous for doing daft stuff like that in the past. As for the refugee comment, utterly atrocious behaviour. Anyone who thinks that is acceptable to say needs to have a long hard look at themselves. 

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I wonder how Jai, the son of an Angolan immigrant, would feel about that comment.

Sometimes stupid wee boys just need telling. I hope someone has a word in his ear.

This is where social media can cause people problems. If he shouts that from the Cowshed he probably feels like a hard man for a moment while everyone else cringes. That's now out in the public domain. Who knows who'll see that in later life and it comes back to bite him on the arse for a job or a place at uni/college.

Edited: I've actually deleted the post for the reason given above. 

1 hour ago, Demented Zebra said:

Anyone watch the quizzes at half time Morton players v Saints players. Asked what was the best game they had ever played in Morton players answered the 4-1 game. That' as big as it gets for Morton lol. 

Put the smack down. Fail. They were not asked that question at all.

46 minutes ago, GAD said:

That's because Cappielow is a fucking shit hole. The idea of going through there to watch a game that's on TV is laughable and it's amazing so many Saints fans turned up. It's not some romantic old ground, it's a crumbling dump with crap facilities, a shit view, no cover and no atmosphere. It's the worst ground in the league, so shit even Morton fans don't go to it anymore. 

It used to be good in the 90's, when the fans were together in the cowshed. Those days are long past now.

Make your mind up - you were either in the WDE or you weren't. There may be no cover, but the WDE provides a fantastic view.

1 hour ago, Norrie82 said:

Morton football clubs stadium and facilities are absolutely shocking.  I mean your stadium has not changed and the lack of a cover at the away end is ridiculous. You also say you.have a good support but struggle to get 2000 at a home game.  We may have a modern shoe box and excellent hospitality facilities and our very own training ground but hey I wish we had a stadium like yours? Cmon lads get real. Any player looking at that Park wouldn't want to sign if they had an offer from saints. We know what we are we are a well run club that has a history of winning the occasional cup and being predominantly a premier league team. You are a small town team who will be happy playing away in the championship.  

Eh?

Yes you have use of Council facilities but not your own.

This deal should have been sent to Edinburgh for scrutiny as it was paid for by Morton fans without approval.

3 hours ago, McG said:

We should of been out of sight at half time but a point was a fair result in the end, McGinn ran the game in the 1st half then Morton came out and pressed well the 2nd half, they could of won it in the end.

A complete shit heap of a stadium and more away fans than home fans is an absolute minter.

The title charge continues.

Should’ve please 8)

Eh?

Yes you have use of Council facilities but not your own.

This deal should have been sent to Edinburgh for scrutiny as it was paid for by Morton fans without approval.

You mean we have a long term lease on a council owned piece of land and then paid a lot of money adding our own facilities. It’s essentially ours.

Whereas you train at Parklea

I know which one I would rather have

2 minutes ago, Kingston Bud said:

You mean we have a long term lease on a council owned piece of land and then paid a lot of money adding our own facilities. It’s essentially ours.

Whereas you train at Parklea

I know which one I would rather have

I think you will find legally you don't own it.

The now the dust has settled a draw was a reasonable result.

Had a look over the Alba recording funny how the live match seemed different.

At the game I thought St M had high pressed us and we were fortunate to get in at HT only one down. In the second half we took Murdoch off supporting Doyle matching up against Morgan allowing us to get our midfield up the park more and controlled the game from then. Didn’t think much of the four penalty claims, but thought Thomson tripped over himself and did not deserve a booking. Harkins maned physically up to Baird and was surprised he was booked. Thought Oliver had dived in with both feet and was lucky to not be sent off.

After reviewing the Alba video, I realise my eyes and emotions had resulted in my poor assessment of what actually happened in the game.

Thomson tripped – stonewaller,and other thee individually 75% would normally be given.

Harkins booking correct could have been sent off but minimal contact, Baird up without treatment.

Oliver got the ball but deemed dangerous challenge booking correct decision.

Demetriou was class eating the boy’s choc bar, better than getting him lifted and put in Kerlaw.

While Morgan showed he was an excellent finisher v Dundee Unt and Morton he wasted opportunities with his one man show. Got in some excellent positions but decided to show he could do it all himself and missed the goal frame each time when a pass to a team mate would have opened us up and had a much better chance of ending up with a goal.

Also thought Jack had told the team to get right in there from the start and they gave 120% but were always never going to keep it up for 90 minutes.  

Archived