Glorious Greenock Morton v A Shite Scheme in Glasgow

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HT 0-1

Certainly deserve to be ahead, we were in total control for the first half hour and Morgan took his goal well, as he usually does. The Greenock seethe he generated afterwards was the cherry on top.

Morton came back into it in the last 15 or so and had a couple of decent chances. Wayward finishing though.

Wee early second half goal and we can cruise home.

The skunks are bossing this. We're lucky it's only one. We haven't put together one decent passing move yet.

Somehow all to play for if Duffy can get boots up arses. Morton are too soft today. I want big performances this half. Anyone who hides shouldn't be at the club.

Most of our chances have came through Morton's midfield giving the ball to Cammy Smith or Kyle Magennis. 

Our midfield has been superb today. High energy, harassing Morton, first to every second ball. 

Mullen has also put in a fantastic shift so far. 

We've improved since the goal, but 1-0 flatters us here. If St Mirren are content to sit on this rather than killing us off we can always get back into it, but they've got complete control of the midfield.

Setting up like this works against relegation fodder, but it didn't work against Dundee United and it isn't working today. We need more presence in midfield when we're not up against shite like Falkirk who are happy to sit in and let us dictate the game.

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Mullen has also put in a fantastic shift so far. 

I really like the look of him. Not based on much evidence, but I think his all-round game is better than Reilly's - I also think they'd complement each other pretty well if we ever fancied a 4-4-2.

Archived