Airdrieonians vs. Alloa Athletic

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AFC1878 said:

According to the SPFL site, the game is off ‘due to snow.’ Was there any attempt made to clear the park this morning? There was still snow on the park last night - why wasn’t it cleared yesterday to give us half a chance. If the park had been cleared on Boxing Day, then again yesterday, I’m confident the game would be on. If the inspection was based on a pitch covered in snow then of course it’s going to be off!

The website on the Facebook page details the major effort which was made. The Club are on a bit of a high and they would be very much aware that postponement would cost them money. Dougy kept everyone informed and it does seem that every effort was made. The fact that it was called off early suggests it was a lost cause.

One thing worth remembering is that Airdrie is a lot higher than a lot of other places and gets more snow.

Again, if it was cleared on Boxing Day and again yesterday, I don’t think there would have been an issue. We’ve had more snow than that previously and the pitch was cleared.

I'm sure if you'd contacted Dougie on boxing day he could have made arrangements for someone to let you into the stadium with your snow shovel.

I thought the stadium had covers so surely it would've made more sense to have them down in advance of the forecasted snow. It does sound like major efforts were made but that the earlier snowfall of the week and low temperatures did for us.

I'm sure if you'd contacted Dougie on boxing day he could have made arrangements for someone to let you into the stadium with your snow shovel.

I thought the stadium had covers so surely it would've made more sense to have them down in advance of the forecasted snow. It does sound like major efforts were made but that the earlier snowfall of the week and low temperatures did for us.

I would have done as well lol. The covers were only to keep frost off the pitch and haven’t been used since the grass park. I’m sure the 4G pitch is playable up to at least -5c. It was virtually impossible to clear the snow if it was on top of the covers.

21 minutes ago, Diamond Oracle said:

Any idea when this will be re-arranged?

We've the Arbroath game to squeeze in first. Hopefully we don't have to play both before the cup game in a few weeks.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, English Wasp said:

New date for this fixture is 27th February, 7:45 pm

Any word on the Arbroath game?

Edit: never mind, posted too fast  :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, English Wasp said:

What's the weather like in Airdrie just now? Snowing in Alloa currently. Hopefully this game doesn't get postponed a second time.

Hopefully it does ,we are gash just now , hoofball not working and so much for kicking on with the new loan signings....

2 hours ago, whereismillar said:

Hopefully it does ,we are gash just now , hoofball not working and so much for kicking on with the new loan signings....

Couldn't agree more.  The U20's are going really well in the Development league and Cunningham is scoring for fun.  We are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league yet we let him go out to Juniors.  Don't see the point of our Development team if we are just looking to develop other team's players.  When things don't go well during a game. Goodwin just resorts to back to front football.  We are better than that....with the right players in their true positions.  Playing strikers as wingers doesn't do it for me.  I get the feeling that all is not well in the squad at the minute with more than a hint of frustration creeping in for a few of the players.

Pitch update....perfectly playable as it stands just now. All depends on how much snowfall there is between now and this evening....different websites give different forecasts, but as it stands, all good so far.

1 hour ago, Not a Bee said:

Couldn't agree more.  The U20's are going really well in the Development league and Cunningham is scoring for fun.  We are one of the lowest scoring teams in the league yet we let him go out to Juniors.  Don't see the point of our Development team if we are just looking to develop other team's players.  When things don't go well during a game. Goodwin just resorts to back to front football.  We are better than that....with the right players in their true positions.  Playing strikers as wingers doesn't do it for me.  I get the feeling that all is not well in the squad at the minute with more than a hint of frustration creeping in for a few of the players.

yes you are right  IMO,  not getting the best out of the team , as you say we are better than this  we have good players but they are not showing at all . Jim sort it out please!,  very frustrating from a fans point of view.

Archived